Author Topic: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009  (Read 151518 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009
« Reply #315 on: May 18, 2009, 08:27:40 am »
The main thing I wanted to do is TEA and sine our plane doesn't even ARRIVE until 2:55, I guess we won't get to do that... :'(

I don't care about the Howl at the Moon - Dave & I aren't big party-ers but thought we would go if everyone did - we want to make the most of our time without 3 little ones in tow..

K

Trying to confirm my arrival into ORD on Thursday afternoon as well. Hotel booking issues that are being fixed and as of now, my plane tix on hold (until the hotel issue is fixed) is for my arrival just before K. (tix on hold for 2:15pm arrival).

K, taxi to hotel? :)

I have nothing booked and will be slow going over my visit.  I hate to commit to anything at this point as I have to "listen" to my body to see how it is going to hold up.  If I arrive too late for the tea, that's ok....... as of now, my only plans are for what the ANA has planned for symposium attendees.  Fly back out on Sunday ... on a 4pm departure out of ORD, if anyone wants to share taxi.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2009, 01:57:15 pm »
Phyl,
My flight on Sunday is about the same time so yes, I'll share a cab with you...
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2009, 02:15:59 pm »
Phyl,
My flight on Sunday is about the same time so yes, I'll share a cab with you...
Marci

good to know Marci! Noted :D

btw.... rumor has it that a Piratitude wench that runs the PBW mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be coming to the Symposium..... I have it on VERY good authority (her's, of course!) that our fearless ruler of the PBW... mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... be attending.    Waiting on her confirmation.......... yep... your fearless Captn and Mine.... yep... what's 'er name!?!? :D  If its twoo, pls have bail money for both of us.... her spouse will only donate a small portion towards bail! :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2009, 06:58:06 pm »
The main thing I wanted to do is TEA and sine our plane doesn't even ARRIVE until 2:55, I guess we won't get to do that... :'(

K

Yep, it would be really tough, even moving the reservation to 3:30.  Depending on traffic, you may not even arrive downtown until 4:30 or 5:00.  Friday is symposium day so that won't work...It is tough.

Others:
Please Personal Message me with what sparks your interest. I am aware that you are all paying for flights to Chicago in addition to the lodging and symposium costs.  For example, I will make reservations at the Drake for High Tea, but don't want to be showing up there if no one has an interest. The same is true with the Architectural Boat tour (which I plug cause it is truly a wonderful way to see Chicago). 

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Kaybo

« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2009, 07:12:42 pm »
We are planning to go to the Pirate Exhibit at the museum sometime...maybe Sunday afternoon...Dave loves pirates and the history behind them and since we are making the whole trip for me basically, I want to do something special that would interest him!   ;D  If anyone wants to join us they are more than welcome!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2009, 07:46:43 pm »
We are planning to go to the Pirate Exhibit at the museum sometime...maybe Sunday afternoon...]
K

I'll add it to the list:-) (See page 21)

What time do you need to go back to the airport K?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:58:19 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2009, 01:07:40 pm »
We are planning to go to the Pirate Exhibit at the museum sometime...maybe Sunday afternoon...Dave loves pirates and the history behind them and since we are making the whole trip for me basically, I want to do something special that would interest him!   ;D  If anyone wants to join us they are more than welcome!

K

Me, me I love pirates, too!  But I also love Oprah and would love to visit Harpo Studios.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2009, 01:09:23 pm »

K

Me, me I love pirates, too!  But I also love Oprah and would love to visit Harpo Studios.

Capt Deb

ow. Based on my plane tix, doubtful I'll get to go to the Pirate Museum... but... will see if my hotel room has DVD player... I'm thinking of bringing my "Pirates of the Carribbean" DVD's with me so us pirates can watch how things were back in the good ole' daze! :D

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2009, 01:10:40 pm »
um... a Pirates Museum on Lake Michigan? (or whatever great lake it is....).... um, is something wrong with that image?  :o  ???  ;D

Kaybo

« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2009, 01:52:34 pm »
...not a Pirate MUSEUM - just an exhibit!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2009, 09:08:14 pm »
The Lake in question would be Michigan.

As Kay correctly said, the museum (the Field Museum in this case) isn't actually a pirate museum - they just happen to have a pirate exhibit.  The Field isn't actually on the lake either - but the Aquarium/Oceanarium is - and the view inside looking out at the lake is beautiful.   Well worth the trip. 

The Art Museum is also well worth the trip - but you can spend all day there and not see everything.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2009, 11:15:19 am »
Okay, I've been madly trying to get caught up here.  First of all - Kate, you totally rock for gathering all of this informatoin!  Willie and I are staying a few extra days, so am going to use your informatoin to help us plot out our time.  Thank you!

Willie and I are staying at the Knickerbocker, which I think is on the same block as the Drake (he got us a great rate there which helps the budget).  Our flight arrives at ORD at 2 pm on Friday, so we should be at the hotel by 4:30, I'm guessing.  We'll drop our bags at the Knick and head right over to the Drake.

I have to pass on anything loud - I've still got major noise sensitivity and just can't take anything loud.  Seems like my hearing ear is trying to make up for my deaf ear by processing all noise at full volume.  Can anyone recommend a good ear plug for blocking some of the noise?

I'm up for anytning else, though!
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2009, 04:53:45 pm »
K,

No time for tea!  ... but ... but ... what about sitting in knitted hats, wearing pearls and having our pinkies out?  I had my heart set on having bickies and bevies with you...

Core blimey! Ee gads darling- we can't go without teatime... I was evening looking at sporting some pirate socks with my knitted hat...

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kaybo

« Reply #328 on: May 22, 2009, 07:06:29 am »
DHM~
I never said I didn't want to do tea - that's the thing I WANT to do, but I wouldn't be there to participate in it at the time that Kate has it scheduled...

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #329 on: May 22, 2009, 09:07:17 am »
K,

I'll pack a tea pot and we will have tea in the lobby then  ;)
 ;D

Perhaps I should have Steve knit us a tea cozy to match my hat & pearls attire ... Hmmm I wonder if he knits pirate socks... I have not found a matching set yet :D

ta ta for now darling

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!