Author Topic: March 7th 1 year post op  (Read 2818 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
March 7th 1 year post op
« on: March 05, 2013, 05:50:41 am »
I am coming up on my 1 year post op Retro from House  ;D. I am not gonna get into details about my history but many of the members here know my history. I still have my AN. My last MRI (last Aug) showed it slightly smaller  :). I am sitting here thinking almost 1 year ago I was a nervous wreck. I'm very thankful for each and every member here for all your support.
My past year post op has been fairly uneventful. I'm thankful that I am pain free(no trigeminal neuralgia) and I still have perfect hearing. I did not come out of surgery totally unscaved because I do have what I believe to be facial myokymia. If you don't know what it is google it. I thought it was eye twitching but as I did some research this is what I believe it to be. It has not changed in a year. Same same. Drs didn't say much about it and if this is all I have to deal with then so be it. Nobody notices but me or unless I point it out. At least nobody has said anything.
I am going to email Dr. Friedman / Dr. Schwartz about my 1 years anniversary and I will mention this again to them. I'm sure they will just say it has not changed and it is not harming anything. I do from time to time still have slight numbness along the same areas that I did just after surgery. This is all from my trigeminal nerve. Nothing big and better than having pain.
Well here that is my 1 year update  :o I hope you all are doing well and if you have any questions ask.

Take Care
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Chances3

Re: March 7th 1 year post op
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »
Hi Mindy,

Great to get that year behind you.  I have read your many posts, you're very helpful to the many Newbies that join this group.  Giving back is so important, and you do that all the time.  I hope you continue with good progress.

Bob

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 06:53:59 am »
Thank you Bob. I do believe giving back is very important. I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for everyones help. This forum and the FB group has been nothing but wonderful.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:48:58 am »
Hi Mindy .....

Good to read your one year report.  It sounds like for all you have gone through, you are doing amazingly well!

I will have to confess, I am one who did not know what facial myokymia was.  I did look it up and it sounds more annoying/aggravating to the patient, than harmful.  I pray that is the case for you.

And I agree with Bob that you have been so caring and helpful to all of us here on the forum!

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 03:49:45 pm »
Thank you Clarice. You know you are well loved on this forum.  ;D I know not many others know what myokymia is. I did email Dr. Friedman & Schwartz to say thank you since it is my 1 year post op. I did mention that I have facial myokymia still. I just casually mentioned it and that I was doing well. He emailed back fairly quickly like he always does. Telling me congratulations on my 1 year. No mention of myokymia. So I know he knows and does not seem concerned. I've had it for almost a year now so....like you said more annoying than anything.

Mindy

It is what it is

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:28:17 am »
Congrats on your one year.  Let us know if you learn anything differently about the myokymia.

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.