Author Topic: Battery life for Intenso  (Read 2794 times)

Muizen

Battery life for Intenso
« on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:00 am »
We now have an idea regarding the battery life for the BP100.
Can anybody let me know what the average battery life is for the Intenso? I assume these larger batteries will cost more than those for the BP100?

JerseyGirl2

Re: Battery life for Intenso
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 08:56:36 pm »
Hi,

I wear an Intenso and use the "power one" batteries (size is p675) -- the brand that Cochlear uses and includes with the sound processor when you first receive it. They are German batteries and I order them online from microbattery.com. Delivery time is just a few days. I get the 10 "six pack" deal and the price, including shipping, is a little under $30.00.

The batteries generally last in the range of 12-14 days, and the Intenso emits a couple of beeps when the battery is running low (I don't know whether the BP100 has this feature; I don't believe that the Divino does). I know this is not a "green" practice ... but I replace my battery every Saturday morning. It's just a good routine for me and that way I don't have to bother about listening for the beep.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:06:50 pm »
I have a Divino and use an "orange" hearing aid battery, which I think is a size 13 (?)  As far as I know, the BP100 takes the same size batteries.

I usually get about 2 weeks out of a battery before I need to change it.

The Divino does not have a warning beep for a low battery, but the BP100 does.

I generally just buy batteries at my local Walmart, Target, or Walgreens and I typically buy Duracell.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kencutus

• "Hearing Resistance is Futile!"
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:56:53 am »
I have a pair of Baha Intenso.  Battery liife on left side goes from 12 to 14 days while the right side can go pass two weeks.  I have the left side turned up a bit more than the right side due my hearing is weaker on left side. I already bought a box of 10 packs of PowerOne batteries to last me over a year.  ;)
"Hearing Resistance is Futile!"
Treacher Collin's Syndrome
First surgery left side 12-08, Baha Intenso 3-09
Abbutment came loose on 5-09
Bilateral Baha surgery 6-09 Baha refitted 9-09
Richard & Mark Wiet MD from Ear Institute of Chicago.