Author Topic: Trilogy now offered in Metro Boston!  (Read 2483 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Trilogy now offered in Metro Boston!
« on: March 27, 2008, 03:48:13 pm »
Hi all,

Had to go to Lahey North (Peabody) today for a different reason... when I walked in, I realized they had a "radiation oncology" dept by the front door.  So, being the inquisitive one that I am, I had to go in....

Was inquiring to the receptionist about AN treatments and type of radiation they offer when a VERY kind oncology dr came to the front desk... he picked up on my conversation with the receptionist and was sweet enough to give me a good 5-10 mins to answer questions.....

He shared that Lahey Central/Main Campus in Burlington MA is where all radio treatments are done for them.  They have been using a system on AVM's and AN's that I had never heard before.... with frame.  He was kind enough to share that they got their Trilogy system mid-2007!  Said they are doing some AVM's and unsure of AN's over there.  Shared with me the dr's names involved:

(katie bonner, fyi for your friend that you noted in a different thread....)

Dr. Joshua Garren - Radio oncologist
Dr. Reese Cosgrove - Chairperson of Neurosurgery
Dr. Peter Dempsey - Neurosurgery

These docs are now the team for Trilogy at Lahey Main Campus.  I shared with him about being an AN patient and the number of folks in the area that I know that have had all forms of AN treatments (ie: microsurgery, radiosurgery, etc).  Pointed him to this website/discussion forum and he took my info .... I think he can tell that I actually knew a bit of what I was talking about... or... I made it sound good...

So, now... in Metro Boston, we got it all for AN treatments!

Great Microsurgery at MGH/MEEI
GK at Tufts and Providence
CK at Beth Israel
FSR and Proton at MGH
FSR/Novalis at Brigham/Womans
and now...
Trilogy at Lahey Main Campus

Just wanted to share with all.
Phyl
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:54:49 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ceeceek

Re: Trilogy now offered in Metro Boston!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 06:07:05 pm »
Hey PPPPPearl,
I actually looked into trilogy initially and it is an effective treatment..similar to novalis...me I am still partial to CK,,,but there are advantages and disadvantages to each..glad you made the inquiry and now there should be an option for everyone!
Ceecee :-*
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.

Sheryl

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:13:15 pm »
YO - and coming soon to Brigham and Women's will be CK!!
Coming soon to Cape Cod will be the "snowbirds"!!!

Sheryl "wait and watch 9th cranial nerve schwannoma"
Larry "CK on meningioma regrowth at Beth Israel 10/07"
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:14:47 am »
Thanks for the info, Phyl!  It's good to know about all the options in the area.

The folks I've been talking to are set on surgery over radiation, for a variety of personal reasons and decisions, but you never know who else you're going to end up talking to!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:32:47 am »
Thanks all... just wanted to share.

Katie, glad things are working out for your friend... since some of these docs are NS... .wasn't sure if she met with any of them to work her surgeries as I thought (if my short term memory isn't failing me....) that she was doing to be treated at Lahey Burlington... if not, my bad.

cee, great to see you hun! thanks for sharing!

Snowbirds..... will you get those wings flapping and get home, plu-eeeze? :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Betsy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 08:48:28 am »
Interesting.  As a Trilogy veteran (or is it alumni?), it's good to see Trilogy treatments being offered more widely.  I can't say I would have had different results if I'd gone with GK or CK, but so far Trilogy has done well by me.  Cheers to Boston Metro for giving ANers another choice!
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009