Author Topic: OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH. My EYE hurts Like...........~!!!~  (Read 3089 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

I had my eyelid weight taken out because it was too heavy. I have some regeneration around the eye as evidenced by my last emg. I can't blink all of the way unless I squeeze hard. My eye hurts sooooooo bad. Why? Is it because it has been still for 9 months and movement is coming back? Is it normal for the blink to start with a gentle closure of the eye that will eventually get stronger and be able to blink with time. I have crow's feet and you can see movement around the eye. I can close it but blinking is hard. HELP! and WHAT IS THIS PAIN? The eyeball doesn't hurt but the muscles around the eye hurt like crazy.
crookedsmile

TLC719

• Teresa L Childers
Re: OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH. My EYE hurts Like...........~!!!~
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:11:38 pm »
Hey crookedsmile,     I hate you're in so much pain.If you're eye is'nt closing well it maybe serve dry eye that's causing the pain,and probably need to have it checked out.I almost lost my vision because dry eye,my cornea was wearing thin & caused me soooo much pain.Get it checked out you don't loose your vision.Let us know how you are doing.  Teresa
Atlanta Ga.AN 2006 right paralysis,balance issues,SS deaf,just happy to be here!

Boppie

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:56:54 pm »
I had only facial weakness, so my blink was nonexistent for a few weeks.  When it began to return it blinked very softly and slowly.  Also, my eye socket muscles especially on the upper cheek bone (just where the lid starts) were very sore.  My eyebrow hurt too.  Maybe you shouldn't squeeze the lid down hard, the muscles will get more sore.  Can you see moisture or a tear ridge glistening on your lower lid?  You might need more eye drops to keep the eye safe.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:28:46 am by Boppie »

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:26:46 am »
CrookedSmile~
I'm so sorry you are experiencing this -- I can't offer anything but my sympathy as I never had any feeling on that side (which has been a good thing over the years and NOW!  ;))  I echo what the others say, make sure to keep it well lubricated or you have MUCH worse pain.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog - I cried!  PM me your phone number & we can chat on the phone (I have a LOT of extra time right now where I am home!!!!  ;D)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:01:08 am »
crookedsmile,
  I had the same experiance as Boppie, when blinking ability returned after about 4 or 5 weeks, it returned weakly at first.  During this period post-op the only time I had eye pain was when my eye had dried out.  Using lubricating eye drops (Refresh brand) kept that from happening until tears returned. 
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW