Author Topic: episodes of vertigo  (Read 11035 times)

ANGuy

Re: episodes of vertigo
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 03:43:16 pm »
Hi Melissa, I thought I would reply to your post, because  I thought we had some things in common. I also got diagnosed with 3 mm vestibular  swannoma in April 2012, it started in early Jan 2012 , It felt like a just got off a ship , fullness in my ear all the time and a lot of headaches,  earaches, and sometimes pain my jaw. Unfortunately ,later that year I started to have abnormal involuntary movements of my trunk. I went many neurologists and finally I was also diagnosed with rare form of dystonia, just this March which is a movement disorder. My Doctors will not touch my now 4 mm A.N at this point because of the size, but also because of my movement disorder. They all seem to agree that a tumor on my balance nerve isn't helping, but. I remain postive and upbeat. My other reason to reply to you, is the medication I am taking for my movement disorder, has also helped my headaches and fullness in my ear, but not sure if it is creating more dizzy spells for me, or just my tumor. I found that information that the others gave you about % loss of the nerve very interesting. I wish I could get my tumor removed, then, I could once and for all rule out the movement disorder, but that is not going to happen anytime soon for me . So sorry for the long text. I wish you well,with what you have going on. P.S the medication I take is called Orphenadrine 100 mg E .R, it has antihistamines products and also a muscle relaxer property. I find the antihistamines work well for the fullness and ear pain. I hope you feel better. Pete

I'm no pharmacist, but from what I can tell, the Orphenadrine should also help with the balance/sea sick symptoms.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

oak1971

Re: episodes of vertigo
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 07:46:05 am »
I will echo what others have said, they come and go with no rhyme or reason. I have been having bouts of vertigo for 20 years with increasing frequency, now I know it was the tumor causing them, but still no way to stop them. Hoping this will end post op, but the immediate goal is to get that sucker out of my head before it does more damage. Wish you well Melissa!
Diagnosed left side AN 5/27/15