Author Topic: On and off Dizziness  (Read 3702 times)

Gearbox123

On and off Dizziness
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:46:30 pm »
Hi everyone.  I haven't been on the site in a while. My tumor only grew to 4 mm in last year (wow ) but I was also diagnosed with a type of dystonia, which is a movement disorder. My Doctors won't touch my tumor as of now because of size but also because of my movement disorder. I have always described my problem as the feeling of being on a ship, not totally dizzy as some describe it. As of the last few months, I have been experiencing more and more feelings of being dizzy, but it is not all time. I get it also when I am sitting which never had happened before. It could be my new medication for my dystonia ? My question to my A.N friends with dizziness is . Is your dizziness all the time or intermittent?  I am taking some new medication that has been helpful but not the cure all and dystonia medication has to be tweaked before any real relief. I am really considering disability at this point but I am only 49 and been trying to deal with all if this for 3 yrs now . Any help with this matter is much appreciated.  Thanks

lisa tuttle

Re: On and off Dizziness
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 12:59:07 pm »
I have dizzy intermittent.  Sometimes I can get them frequently for a while and then I can go months with out one.  I too have had them sitting down.  Some are severe and will knock me off my feet and some are small and go away fast.  I was taught by my EMT that when one happens put your finger right in front of your face and stare directly at it for a couple of minutes.  You have to make sure not to take your eyes off of our finger or it won't work.  That should stop the dizzy spell.  By doing that you are re-calibrating your equilibrium.  I have done it and it really works.  Good luck.

bethtretrault

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:50:32 pm »
Stretch your arm out all the way or just close enough so you aren't cross eyed looking at your finger? I am ALL for stopping dizziness.
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015

oak1971

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 07:51:17 am »
Went from bouts of dizziness to dizzy all the time with more severe bouts of dizziness. My understanding is that it won't stop until the tumor is gone and the body has time to adjust to the new equilibrium.
Diagnosed left side AN 5/27/15