Author Topic: 3 Month Anniversay and another accomplishment!  (Read 1228 times)

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
3 Month Anniversay and another accomplishment!
« on: November 21, 2008, 05:03:19 pm »
This may sound like a small little stupid thing, but my all time favorite computer game is Zuma. A game where balls go around in circles and a frog shoots out balls at them while they circle him and "zap" them. (Kinda hard to explain.)

Anyway - up to now I have been afraid to play because of how the balls go around in circles and different paths. But, I thought, today is my 3 month anniversary and I'm going to try it.

By golly I did it! Today was a great day! Work was busy, the training session I held went good, and our team got to leave work early! What a way to end a week.  ;D And on my 3 month anniversary, no less!

Going out to dinner with my son tonight. I will consider it a celebration dinner.

Cathy - in one of the best moods she has been in yet since the whole "bob-ectomy" thing (my son named my AN Bob)
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 3 Month Anniversay and another accomplishment!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:19:09 pm »
Cathy:

Congratulations on your fabulous three-month anniversary!  A good day at work, beating a game that challenged you and a celebration dinner with your son.

You certainly deserve to be in a positive frame of mind.  I hope you not only enjoy it but that you have many more to come.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:39:31 pm »
Cathy-  You deserve a celebration!!  Thanks for sharing the progress - it is always good to hear about milestones reached in this crazy journey. 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 11:23:53 am »
Way to go Cathy!! :D :D :D :D
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.