Author Topic: Happy New Year!!  (Read 2519 times)

JHager

Happy New Year!!
« on: December 31, 2005, 06:54:56 pm »
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say 'Happy New Year' and celebrate with everyone that we made it to another one!

For those of you who've had translab, or other hearing impairment: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Let's have a great 2006, where surgery goes smoothly, radiation is tightly focused and effective, and recovery continues at a rapid pace!  :)

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
Re: Happy New Year!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 11:30:01 pm »
Happy New Year to you too Josh and everyone else!!! May 2006 bring us all joy!!! :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 11:31:50 pm by wind6 »
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Zanybrainy

• Surgery 01/24/05 4.0cm, Colorado Springs, CO Retro
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 02:39:28 pm »
Happy New Year to you all!
Thanks for the positive attitude. I am just coming up to the anniversary of my surgery.  It is definitely a time of reflectiion.  Kind of weird when I think about it but I am glad to leave 2005 behind.  My surgeon was great and the side affects are loss of hearing in my right ear and a facial paralysis that has gone from a 6 to a 3 or less.   My balance is actually better than before surgery and I am alble to go for long walks and am about ready to try a bike. I'm 53 so I like having an excuse for my little brain malfunctions (although I really don't thing it has anything to do with surgery).  I just had a friend diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, so I feel really blessed.  Luckily my hearing loss is on the side my husband sleeps on and it works really well to just turn my head if he happens to snore. My New Years resolution is to start trying to help others with whatever and get on with my life.  There is definitely life after an AN you just might have to redefine it. Blessings to all, Cath
Retrosigmoid, January 24, 2005
4 cm "stuck" to brainstem
Memorial Hospital, Colorado Springs

Sanddollar

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 06:44:21 pm »
Amen, Josh.  All the best in 2006 for you and everyone else reading!  Have a wonderful new year.

Sanddollar
1cm x 2cm, Left side -Translab
Drs. Vrabec & Trask - Jan '06
Houston, TX
Excellent Results!!!

Boppie

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 07:05:02 pm »
Happy New Year to all of the AN Forum Members! So much to celebrate.  My four year old grandsons shrieked "Boppie, it's January, its January!"  Their birthday is in February!   :)  The simplest things are the most important.

Jeanlea

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 10:46:15 am »
I would like to wish every one a happy new year also.  Thanks, Josh, for making your wish loud enough for those of us who don't hear as well anymore.  lol  When do you return to teaching, Josh?  I wish you all the very best. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

JHager

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 11:10:19 am »
Hi Jeanlea,

I'm going back to teaching... TOMORROW!!  ;D

I'm very excited - I've had enough of this staying home stuff.  (I get cabin fever pretty easily.)  Many of my students have kept in touch, I've been back to school a couple time - I am ready!

Once my eye started to clear up, I felt like a new person, and it was time to get going!

How is your recovery going?

Thanks for checking in!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

Jeanlea

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 01:42:57 pm »
Hi Josh,

Good luck on your first day back.  For me going back to work was better than staying at home.  Although I must admit that I have been enjoying sleeping in during Christmas vacation.  Getting up early tomorrow will be tough.  lol
My recovery has been going well.  My eye is my biggest problem.  I just got over pink eye that I'm sure was a gift from one of my students.  But today, both of my eyes are white!  I'm keeping the bad eye well-hydrated until it blinks on its own.  My face moves just a bit.  I'm kind of used to it being that way. 
I'm sure your students are happy that you are going to be back in the classroom.  Sounds like you are one of those excellent teachers.  :-) 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD