Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 421727 times)

Jill Marie

Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #825 on: April 20, 2011, 10:53:26 pm »
Kay - Glad to hear that Clarice knew what was going on with you, it's always good to have as much support as you can get.  Sure hope the trip to Target went ok, other than being exhausted from it.  It's good to get out after surgery but it sure takes a toll! :P

Clarice - Yes, you exercised last week while pacing/worrying about Kay.  Do you have any idea how many calories are burned just by worrying?  Lots I'm sure!  Yep, made it to the club, believe it or not I was looking forward to it.  It's one of the few times or is one of two times during the day that I can actually sit in one place for more than 5 minutes without being interrupted by someone.  I ride the bike and read the paper in peace.  Today I only made it 45 minutes, my legs were sore from yesterdays workout and from work.  Hope you made it to the Y Clarice!   ;) Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #826 on: April 21, 2011, 05:55:44 am »
JIll, I'm looking forward to it. For what it's worth, my best side is straight on, at least I look most symmetrical then. From either side the difference is noticeable, but for some reason it is more evident when my stronger side is toward the camera.

Kaybo, I believe we just need to ban you from future surgery. I'm really happy you are ok.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #827 on: April 21, 2011, 07:01:29 am »
Surgeries have always really kind of been no big deal to me - I guess since I had a 14 hour one so young I just always thought, "it's not brain surgery!" I think this threw us all for a loop - pretty scary. The one thing that stinks though was that I was ready to give the BAHA a try...now not so sure I even want that "simple surgery"!

Target was OK. I was a machine on the electric cart & even had one lady comment how great one of my turns was! :) But I did Peter out about halfway thru - & this was a quick trip too. I gotta get my energy up - I'm going to start taking my vitamins again & Donnalynn also suggested some liquid iron. Big trip today is going to Dr. - hopefully then I'll have a few more answers too.

My mom leaves today and that makes me very sad (& scared)!  Maybe that will MAKE me do more/feel better because we all know that moms don't usually get to take time off!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #828 on: April 21, 2011, 07:26:27 am »
Kay ..... remember, baby steps, not marathons, as you get back into your routine ..... "slow and easy wins the race."

Hurray, Jill ..... work outs and work!

Yes, I made it to the Y but for some reason, just had to push myself the whole time and could not complete my usual circuit ...... better than nothing, I say.  I have done this before ..... good work outs for several times and then have one like yesterday for no obvious reason.  Sort of like hitting that fatigue wall in the middle of a work out, maybe??

Going walking today ..... work out again tomorrow.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jill Marie

« Reply #829 on: April 21, 2011, 10:31:41 pm »
Kay - I sure hope you don't have to have any more surgeries, ok maybe the BAHA, I'm sure Jan can talk you through it.  Hope the doctor visit went well, got the answers you wanted and a better feeling about your future medical issues.  Sorry to hear your Mom has to leave.  It's always nice to have someone around to take care of you and help you out, especially your MOM!

Clarice - Glad to hear you made it to the Y, sorry the workout didn't go as you would have liked, sometimes we just aren't up to a full workout.  Taking a walk is a great idea, get some exercise and enjoy the sights, it helps to remind you why it's important to get exercise, so you are here to enjoy doing the things you want to do.  I'm counting on you to go to the Y as tomorrow will be a tough one for me.  Have to work early and perhaps late, have someone on vacation so will be working extra hard.  I will be beat and tempted to just go home, knowing you're going will help get me there.  The up side to working out is that it makes me sleep better so I don't worry about work before I go to sleep or wake up during the night and worry.  Pretty much crash right out and stay that way tell the alarm goes off.  Speaking of sleep, I best brush the teeth and head to bed.  Jill :P :P
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #830 on: April 22, 2011, 04:47:00 am »
I'll be back at it Monday following a couple of weeks of what is called "active rest" in Body-for-Life. I saw my doctor this week for my annual checkup. I have lost ten pounds since last year and all of my bloodwork, etc. was great.

Kay, if you decide on the BAHA (and I'm rooting for you to do so), have it done under a local please.

Sara
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Jill Marie

« Reply #831 on: April 24, 2011, 10:34:53 pm »
Sara - Hope you enjoyed your "active rest" and are ready to get back to it.  Congrats on your checkup and of course loosing 10 pounds. I'm jealous! 

I worked out Friday after work, 50 minutes on the bike, was surprised I made it considering we were so busy at work that I missed lunch.  Luckily my husband packed me some of his homemade bread that is way more filling than regular bread, ate that and it got me through.  We had so many customers yesterday that I never sat down the whole time I was at work so figured that counted as a work out.  Hubby & I took the dogs for an hour walk today so I think I'm good.  Hope everyone had a nice weekend.   :D

Keri

« Reply #832 on: April 25, 2011, 03:04:00 pm »
hi everyone,
wow, i've got to catch up soon in forum reading. i need to find out what happened to Kaybo! i've just been reading quickly here and there.
once i got done with that two day bike trip (which was great, albeit windy, rainy and cold on day one and just windy and cold on day two) i got busy with Holy Week at church. i play piano and plan our services and having a long practice Wednesday, service Thursday and Friday and two on Sunday make it a very busy week (although i love this time of year). Clarice knows.
anyway, i need to catch up  - will do so soon. i have to go for a run first.
wow, we have gone from coooold, never going to see spring weather to summer in one day!

talk to you soon.
keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #833 on: April 25, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »
I did manage to go to the gym this morning. I really like the 20 minute high intensity interval training sessions on cardio days. Tomorrow is weights and it will be closer to an hour.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #834 on: April 25, 2011, 05:17:58 pm »
Well, I made it to the Y ...... admittedly "kicking and screaming" ...... but managed to complete a full work-out of treadmill and resistance machines.  I was worn out afterwards, but it was truly worth it.

Yes, Keri, how well I know about all of the extra planning and rehearsals prior to Easter ..... but it is always glorious and very much worth the effort.  We, as usual, went from Winter to Summer nearly overnight ...... high in the 50s yesterday, 80s today!  That's hard on this ole bod.

Trying to walk on the alternate days of a full workout.  We have a lovely park nearby so when it is nice, it is a real treat to enjoy the great out of doors.

Clarice

Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #835 on: April 26, 2011, 07:06:43 am »
Just a quick "way to go, y'all" and keep it up!  I'm still sore from my class on Fri - good feeling!

See you later,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #836 on: April 26, 2011, 08:50:56 am »
Lower body workout this morning. Would have loved to skip but wanted to be able to tell this group I went. Thank you all for the motivation!
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #837 on: April 27, 2011, 09:10:32 am »
Now I remember why I dislike the stationary bike so intensely. But it's done.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #838 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14:03 am »
How are all my virtual gym buddies doing?
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Kaybo

« Reply #839 on: April 28, 2011, 11:32:43 am »
sedentary...but hopefully excused!  Lost a LOT of weight though...

Proud of your continued hard work Sara - keep it up!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!