Author Topic: Bladder control NF-2  (Read 2621 times)

Russ

Bladder control NF-2
« on: June 03, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
Hello
  This is a bit personal...
  About 20 years ago when the balance function of the other ear started going also ( because of another tumor growing ), I noticed an occasional bout where I'd wake up drifting, drifting, floating and a little more dizzy than ususal. I was around 35.
  It has happened, but very infrequently, during these past 20 years. Now, I'm 55.
  Last night again; Drifting and floating, and a little dizzy... I woke up in time to see I had started to wet the bed.
  Embarrassing!!
  Anyone else? Or, anyone feel as though they are going to fall out of bed? Or, are woken up by their dizziness/vertigo?
  I took meds then and now. I don't know if the meds over sedate or whether the dizziness is causing a cognitive dysfunction.
  Have a nice week end, everyone! Best you can, all considered...
  Russ

MyrnaB

Re: Bladder control NF-2
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 11:24:31 pm »
Hi Russ! 

I had bladder surgery before I had the AN surgery.  Well, the surgey was only partial success but not a huge problem.  But, over the last month, it has gotten much worse.  This week I was just plain incontinent several times.  I called my MD and he had me do a urine test.  My test came out negative.  He has an indication that it may be neurological.  Related to my surgery.  I am 54 and too feel alittle young for this.  What next?  ???

russ

Re: Bladder control NF-2
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 04:55:02 pm »
" Depends", no pun intended! - smile - Gee; Are we past our years? I do think my problem is med related because the problem first occured in my early 30s, is very, very infrequent, only partial leakage and I take sedating meds.
  I hope you improve!
  Russ