Author Topic: radiation a 2nd time?  (Read 2408 times)

Rebecca - arkofhope

radiation a 2nd time?
« on: September 12, 2007, 06:06:02 pm »
I had traditional radiation for a benign brain stem tumor in 1985.  :P  i thought it was impossible to have radiation a 2nd time. ???
And, has anyone else had another benign brain tumor elsewhere, then the acoustic neuroma later?

Thanks,
Rebecca
Peace and smiles,
Rebecca

irish gal

Re: radiation a 2nd time?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 06:48:22 pm »
I have had two GK treatments for the same AN.  The first GK was  Dec 03 and the second in March 07.  The AN was starting to grow so I opted for a second GK .  I get my first MRI tomorrow for the followup from the second GK.  When I had the GK in March a gal in the recovery area was there for her third GK for different brain tumors.  I have had no major side effects from the treatments so I am hoping that ths MRI shows some dark areas. 

I have been a reading of the messages for some time and finally decided to add my two cents.

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: radiation a 2nd time?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:31:08 pm »
Irish Gal,

Thanks for your inputs...there aren't many posters that have had more than one treatment of radiation.  Your inputs are very valuable...

GM
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!