Author Topic: anyone experience fatigue  (Read 2998 times)

gordy

anyone experience fatigue
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:15:11 pm »
had gamma knife july 13 and i felt fine. this past wek all of a sudden im beat and very tired. this from the radiation maybe or not? would it have a delayed reaction?

Betsy

Re: anyone experience fatigue
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:45:36 pm »
Hi Gordy,

My radiation doc said that fatigue is quite common, and that it could show up days or months later.  My treatment was only three days ago and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

ZZZzzz....

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

gordy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:25:26 pm »
thanks for the reply betsy. i was fine after the weekend of my gamma knife. just find it odd now but i guess our brains are complex machines.

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 05:05:00 pm »
Gordy,
My fatigue hit 5-6 days after GK procedure.  I figure the previous days I was "pumped" by the steroids I was on.  I was slightly queasy for several weeks, and somewhat more fatigued than usual for the same several weeks.  But now, 5 weeks out, the queasiness and fatigue are gone.  I do seem to be having a little hair loss -- not so anyone would notice, just more hair end up on my comb than before.  Luckily I have thickish hair to begin with! 

It's interesting and a little disconcerting to know that post-GK symptoms can show up anytime after the procedure, but I guess that's the way it is, and, for me at least, it's better than recovering from microsurgery.

Hopefully your life and schedule allows you to just sleep more!
Take care,
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 02:51:09 pm »
Hi Gordy,

I think all AN patients experience fatigue.  It's hard on the system to undergo radiation or microsurgery. plus the whole balance nerve working the brain overtime thing.  My doctor said, "Well, you took quite a shot."  I didn't think I was really having much fatigue problems and even said so somewhere on this board...but then I got to thinking about it....and I do get tired much more easily now.  I don't work out side the home anymore, so I can sleep in if I want, which I do.  Today I didn't get out of bed til nearly 10 a.m.!  But I tend to stay up to midnight or later, often reading a book....still I usually end up sleeping 9 hours or more a night.  I doubt I could work a regular job anymore - comfortably anyway.

Hopefully all of our fatigue problems will get better with time.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

gordy

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 07:18:01 pm »
thanks for the info. thought my age was cathing up to me. the odd thing was the first week after treatment i put in 60 hours with no problom. must have built up and cought up to me.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 01:33:21 pm »
Hi Gordy and all.

This has been shared in the past and is a good time to repost it for those new here on the site. This link will bring you to a thread where there is a link for a "Brain Tumor and Fatigue" Brochure that may be of interest. It seems that the fatigue is not only common with our treatments (regardless of which treatment) but also common to brain tumor patients (benign and malignant). It may be worth a peek for you.  File is a .pdf file which requires Adobe Acrobat or Reader so you can read the file.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=3462.msg37212#msg37212

I hope this helps.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

gordy

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 06:20:14 pm »
thanks for the read phyl