Author Topic: Some days...  (Read 3471 times)

MaryCPereira

Some days...
« on: October 03, 2012, 02:17:25 pm »
Does anyone have days when you're just like "GET THIS THING OUT OF MY  HEAD, NOW!" ??

I find myself saying that a lot lately. But, then I read stories about people's recovery..and I'm so thankful mine is still so little, and that I'm mostly okay.

I'm sad that people have to have gone through that for me to not take my situation for granted...I feel selfish and whiney and sort of rude after some of the other stories out there. Yeah, some days are hard, and it's never fun to have a brain tumor...but, overall, I'd say, I must be doing okay.

Kind of a random post, but just something that I've been thinking about.

Hope you're all doing well :)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Some days...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:33:09 pm »
Mary ~

No need to apologize for your feelings.  Let's face it: we're individuals and although we can certainly empathize with each other as AN patients, we're going to have our own, unique emotions to deal with that may or may not have a relationship with what others are experiencing.  That's perfectly normal and quite understandable. 

Of course you want the AN out of your head and wish you didn't have to deal with it at all.  Guess what?  We all feel the same way. 

That others may have a harder struggle than you do at this moment is only scant comfort because you still have to deal with your situation.  We get that - and we support you expressing whatever emotions you may have at any specific time.  That's why these forums exist.  Peer-to peer support, advice and information as we have the ability to offer it....and we're happy to do so. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

skipg

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:53:41 pm »
The "thing" in my head I can deal with, its the tinnitus that is the killer. Since this a brain problem it is something I have to learn to live with. If only I had a lesson plan to learn from. I am hoping and praying that upcoming treatments may lessen the noise factor.
Skip
Self diagnosed 11/17/2010 (love the internet)
MRI 12/2010 Official diagnosis 1/3/2011 RT AN 7x6x4mm's
MRI 6/17/2011 no change still 7X6X4
MRI 7/20/2012 growth spurt to 14mm
Aug 8th consult and decided on Proton Therapy
Proton Therapy @ Hampton Proton Institute,       done on 11/20/12

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:17:13 am »
Mary - ditto to what Jim said.
It must be as hard to be in watch and wait as it is to get the gremlin out.  I wouldn't compare either of these conditions as we're all unique at how we cope pre op and post op.

Come here and lean on us as much as you need to. We're not going anywhere.

Skip - I wish they could've blocked the ends of the nerves that cause tinnitus like an electrician does to bare wires. 

Suu
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:28:26 am by Suu »
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 09:12:27 am »
Diognosed W+W over 5 years I`ve accepted the fact that I would like to stay this way (1cm,stabile). My main symptom is also tinnitus which I`ve had half my life (32 years). I`ve done everything possible to treat this and over the years I guess I`m just got plain used to it. My hearing is still very good AN side a little less. The plus side is I`ve stayed healthy as possible and pretty much in great shape for my age. Hang in there! Best wishes, Mickey

Mickey

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 09:48:37 am »
P.S. I`d just like to especially thank Jim Scott for all his posts. I`ve read most of them over the years and every one is like a breath of fresh air helping us all.... TY! Mickey