Author Topic: Signs of face waking up??  (Read 2712 times)

MKLady

Signs of face waking up??
« on: November 08, 2008, 07:29:22 pm »
Last week I had a sensation at the outer and inner corners of my eye.  Not like the twitching that I have been reading about but slightly more than a tingling. I'll call it a fluttering sensation.  Since then I have continued to have this feeling on my eyelid (outer corner) and on my upper and lower lip.  I've also had a tingling feeling that sweeps across my cheek.  Oddly, they usually happen when I am laying on my back or reclining.  I also have occasional pain (almost like a throb) just below my ear.

I don't see any movement with these feelings.  I previously started having movement at the corner of my mouth that started about a month ago and has continued to loosen up.

Does this sound like the facial nerve or is this the nerve that controls feeling.  I have had no numbness since the surgery except my lips and tongue which are much better now.  Has anyone had tingling before movements starts??  I'm hoping and praying ya'll say yes.   :)

Susan
Translab 4/10/2008; 1.3 cm; total facial paralysis left side.

jazzfunkanne

Re: Signs of face waking up??
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:22:44 am »
hi susan, yes i had this feeling before movement started, my physio said it is signals getting into the nerves.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:52:53 am »
Hi Susan,
This is exactly how I would articulate all of my return of movement. I never really had a lot of twitching but more like surges that come from the pons (in front of ear) and to the area that would eventually move - SLOWLY. 
At first it would be so small I would need a magnify glass. I think the eye is slow to return as I first starting having tingling in my bottom lid August 18th and had an EMG test in October and it showed that it has started to regenerate but still December 15th it does not blink yet. It certainly looks better (still some bad days) and the exercises that my facial therapist has me doing has really helped.
Michelle ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:39:53 pm »
Yes, please, ALL the nerves, please wake up!!  I get tingly zaps, and other sensations (pleasant and unpleasant) all the time.  I hope it is just the nerves recovering and doing their thing.  I will give it a year before I finally accept that I will always spill my wine, not know that I have food on my chin, or feel a tear slide down my face.  A year.  Then I get really pissed.  And wait another year.   :D
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 06:59:41 pm »
I am also have the zaps so after two years i would love to see more :)  I would also LOVE to not spill my wine, not notice if food is on my chin or tear down my face....i feel like you were reading my mind.....i am at a new job where they don't know anything i have been through so they aren't helping me with those things like my old job.....the things we deal with!
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007