Author Topic: Parking between the lines  (Read 11265 times)

matti

Re: Parking between the lines
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 06:08:02 pm »
Hi hendi and welcome!  SSD stands for single sided deafness

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Lorenzo

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 11:44:21 pm »
I'm glad that my parking is still as good as ever, straight and centered. Must be the exception, or CK, or my swiss background. As for those merry go round parking lots, eurk, not nice.

Bigbear

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 08:04:20 am »
Thought I'd weigh in with my sad driving/parking tale...I blew out my left front tire three weeks ago because I couldn't seem to negotiate my car into the company parking lot (in which I drive and park every day...).  I ran the left front wheel up and over the metal-rimmed curb, which shredded the sidewall. 

I drove on the rim into the nearest space and sat in silence for a few moments while all the emotions ran through me:  fear: I am really screwed up and could really hurt somebody if I can't drive...crap, what if I can't frive? ...anger:  what the hell is really wrong with me?  embarassment:  did anybody else see this?  what will 'they' think?  what if I lose my job...oh yes, and the totally unnecessary cost or replacing both a tire and wheel...I really hated my little tumor at that moment and as I clenched my teeth and squeezed my eyes shut and totally tensed up, the total frustration of everything made me laugh out loud, because all of my prayer and sheer force of will couldn't make my tumor just dribble out of my ear and leave me alone...

and so on and so on

The episodic and non-predictable nature of dizzy spells (or disequilibrium, if you please) has me a bit spooked, I don't mind having a woozy spell while wandering through the supermarket aisles (although crashing into the neatly stacked cereal boxes is a bit laughable), but wobbling around while driving is not good ... and gripping the wheel tighter didn't seem to help (ha ha ...)

peace to all

frank

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 01:09:46 pm »
Hi,

SSD = single sided deafness
AN = acoustic neuroma
ANer = one of us

Hope this helps and anyone else that has other shortcuts please chime in--BING!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Denise

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 03:16:23 pm »
Hi, just thought I'd add something.

After my surgery I had two accidents one pulling into a space and one backing out. So now I just go further away from the other cars in the lot and pull through so I can just pull out when ready to go.  I have to walk a little farther, but, hey it  helps me with my balance issues.

Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

susier

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 07:11:37 pm »
I asked the same question a few days ago....SSD = single sided deafness.