Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

does anyone think?

<< < (6/6)

stoneaxe:
I have to say that sounds a bit silly to me. It's not that I don't believe the mind can do amazing thngs to the body but as others have said...if something like losing a loved one or other stressful event is going to cause a AN why aren't they as common as colds? I'd tend to believe its a combination of DNA and possibly environmental factors or any one of a number of other much more plausible causes before that would be of consideration.

I'm not sure what it matters anyway what the cause is unless its something that can be avoided, ie: environmental factors....we can hardly avoid losing loved ones.

MAlegant:
And of course, this just makes me say "fix it first and assign blame later", my mantra for most things.  Who among us hasn't had stress or lost loved ones?  The only link that concerns me is the genetic link.  I am concerned for my son and keep telling him to ask his doc for an MRI to rule out an AN.  He has hearing loss and tinnitus but he's a rock musician.  He's also 20 and will do as he wishes.....Marci

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version