Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

does anyone think?

(1/6) > >>

jazzfunkanne:
I have heard  that something major that happens in our life can maybe start AN to grow, i have lost both my parents in the past , and had a miscarriage i am now beginning to wonder if this is true, can you all think back to something major in your life that has maybe tiggered this to happen? i may be wrong but its worth thinking about.

Brendalu:
That is really something to look into. I have had some major things go on in my life, but no one ever suggested that the AN was caused by them!  It gives us something else to think about.  Thanks for sharing.
Brenda

Soundy:
I had heard something like that but if it were true I would think that ANs would be more common

not saying it doesn't have some truth to it ... I had a severe concussion followed with almost two weeks
in the hospital due to uncontrolled  vomiting and amnesia ...after I came home I had ringing in my ears
that at four was dismissed by most until I was around 11 or 12 and read an article on tinnitus ... new
doctors said the knock to head could have started the ringing and now my mom thinks it started or
predisposed me for an AN ...

my doctor thought that stress and or hormone rushes may have contributed to the fast growth spurt mine
took after sitting there being watched for 3 years without growing then growing rapid enough to be
scary over a six month period... I had started having 10 or 12 day long periods with heavy flow stopping
for maybe a week then starting again...hormones were high then would drop ... I was losing blood volume
because my body couldn't replace what I was losing...as the surgeon put it I was bleeding to death a
month at a time... hormone therapy didn't help and had to have hysterectomy a month before the MRI that
showed the super growth spurt of my AN

jazzfunkanne:
I have heard that hormones play a part in growth as welll, esp with expecting mothers, i suppose we could debate all day on this.

leapyrtwins:
Wow, that is an interesting theory - and IMO it makes a lot more sense than the cell phone or the fish hatchery theories  :-\

I can think of many major events in my life prior to my AN diagnosis (I'll spare you the details), and I'm sure others could do the same.

I've never heard this theory, but like Soundy, I think if there was any truth to it ANs wouldn't be as rare as they are.

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version