Author Topic: New neck pain  (Read 6115 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
New neck pain
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:03:51 am »
Hi all!

This pain has been with me since July 12 it seems to be localized to my AN side (left) and seems to extend itself to just below my shoulder on my left side. The good news is that while I am asleep  I don't feel it, but while I am awake it seems to be worse as the day goes on. I haven't tried any pain medication yet. Will try some Advil first.

How was your weekend, I trust it was pain free?

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

Re: New neck pain
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:47:02 am »
pain yesterday felt as though someone was stabbing me with a knife in the back in the left my AN side.... luckily I took 3 extra strength Advil.

Then went to an eventful meeting full of frustrated and angry men! This is supposed to be a relaxing hobby! Looks like the train club will be splitting up soon!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:10:46 pm »
Mike
Have you considered getting a massage?  IMHO sounds like stress. 

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:52:27 pm »
Karen,

Hi, no I haven't! Do you think it will help?

Mike

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 03:15:55 pm »
Mike

I think so (certainly if there is no physical cause) if you can find a good massage therapist.

I had pain at the base of my head and down my neck after my first CK procedure which I called the doctor about because it was so uncomfortable.  He said it was due to how I was positioned on the table.  I hauled out my "contoured to your neck" memory foam pillow and then eventually went for a massage and now all is well.

Hopefully you will find what "releases" the pain for you.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 11:02:35 am »
Good chiropractor maybe? Mine found a twisted c4 vertebrae that he was able to coax back into place over the course of a month.  Also a TENS (transcutaneous electronic neuro-stimulator) unit works great for shoulder pain (or any pain for that matter)  Has to be prescribed by a doctor.  I got mine through my physical therapist recommending it to my doc and him writing the script. Paid for by my insurance (Medicare) It's a little gizmo that has sticky pads you slap onto the offending area and are attached by wires that plug into a unit about the size of a transistor radio (sorry but I'm a child of the 60's)  You can clip it onto your belt and go about your business.  It zaps pulsating electric current to the sticky pads and interrupts the pain signals to your brain (pain is in your brain, you know)

Good Luck!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

MDemisay

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »
Captain Deb,

Ahoy!

Pain is in my brain you say? Irv has been dead a little over a month and a half! While alive he was a major pain! Dead now, no pain!

I know it's not connected.

I have been undergoing stress of one form with an annual NY State Nursing Home Survey, accompanied by a key member of my staff leaving , as well as the breakup of one model train club and the quick formation of another.
How's that for pressure! I'm for now dealing with the pain as it comes by taking 3 Advils. Have to look into massage therapy?

Mike

millie

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 08:02:54 pm »
If you have never had a  back massage, this might be the time to try one.  I have only had three in my whole life, but each time was wonderful for my body and spirit. Life stresses make us more tense than we realize. I think you should pamper yourself and try a massage as the first remedy!
Good luck with the train club-remember it is FUN and ESCAPE!
Millie