Author Topic: I have a date!  (Read 7275 times)

mk

Re: I have a date!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 04:43:18 pm »
Thank you all. I know that this sounds trivial and has been said many times before but I don't know where I would be without this forum and your support. The suggestion for chocolate is great Maureen and I love chocolate. I must admit though that whenever I am down I eat more than a bite or two of chocolate  :P. And yes, great shopping in Vancouver.

I am happy to report that I am way down on my to do list. I even managed to go for a visit to the salon to dye and trim hair - hoping that it will last for a while.

Valerie, I have typed in all my consultations and details. I am happy to share information. Denise I am having surgery in Vancouver, BC. with Dr. Akagami.

I will be flying out on Tuesday - wow time flies fast.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 11:48:48 pm »
Marianna,

Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but I haven't been on here lately.  Oh gosh Vancouver, British Columbia and did I read great shopping!  I'm on my way to join you ;D!!!  All kidding aside, sounds like you have done your research and you are in very, very good hands.  So glad you went to the salon, a girl does have her priorities!

Wishing you a successful surgery and some great shopping,
Anne Marie XO
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

mk

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 07:22:52 pm »
So I am off to Vancouver tomorrow. I have pre-op appointments on Wednesday and Friday. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze in some shopping or at least sightseeing and perhaps relax a bit. Anne Marie, you are welcome to join, I would like to have company  ;D.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

yardtick

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 12:47:41 pm »
Safe trip, successful surgery and some good shopping!  I really wish I could join you.

Thinking of you,
Anne Marie XO
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

mk

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 07:51:52 pm »
Brief update. I am done with all my pre-ops, including the EEG test - the gave me tons of information on what to expect but of course I already knew all that from what I have read on the forum  8)
So now I am ready for the big  day on Tuesday. It is a nerve wracking wait, but thinking that after all this journey I am almost there makes me feel better.
Oh, and this afternoon after the EEG test I managed to squeeze in a nice walk and some shopping. Felt good.

Marianna

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 09:14:52 pm »
WOW, they are putting you through a bunch of tests.  Wonder what I will be having in a couple of weeks.

We were in Vancouver 8 years ago and loved it!  Walked all around Gastown and took the ferry over to Victoria Island and Butchart Gardens.  Sure hope you are having a chance to do some sightseeing before next Tuesday.

Many thoughts and prayers for you, especially on Tuesday!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Tumbleweed

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 11:15:17 pm »
I've marked my calendar, Marianna. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday, sending positive, healing thoughts your way!

Best wishes for a great outcome.

Sincerely,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 07:57:30 pm »
Best wishes for a speedy and great recovery, I am right behind you.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

mk

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 11:33:48 am »
Thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts. I am looking forward to have all this behind me. I already miss my babies terribly.
I am going to start a separate thread for hubby to post an update after surgery.

Marianna

yardtick

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 08:45:09 pm »
Wishing you the best Marianna  :-* :-*

Anne Marie XO
Sept 8/06 Translab
Our we having fun YET!!! 

moe

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 09:12:33 am »
Marianna,
Surgery date tomorrow. Thinking of you and praying for a quick ???, easy surgery :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty