Author Topic: Facial parallysis  (Read 2507 times)

Skkid306

Facial parallysis
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:39:03 am »
I had my surgeries four years ago to remove a 4.0cm AN. After many complications and finally Gamma Knife, i was deaf in my right ear and have facial pa rallysis. A gold weight was placed in my eyelid. I am looking for help to see what can be done to improve face and eye. Both are quite droopy. A nerve was grafted from my left to my right side a week after surgery, but this has not worked. Has anyone had good results with other techniques?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:39:37 pm by Skkid306 »
4years post surgery. 3 surgeries, many complications. 3seizures. A bilateral stroke that did improve about 90%. deaf in right ear. Facial paralysis and droop. Gold weight  in right eye. 97 days in hospital after first two surgeries. Gamma Knife. 3mm growth on remaining tumor. Saskatchewan, Canada

Kaybo

Re: Facial parallysis
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:36:08 am »
Hi Skkid-
Welcome to this Forum. I had a 12/7 graft a year after my inrial surgery. While I didn't get much movement, it did allow that side of the face to be hooked up to a "live" nerve so the tone GREATLY improved. In 2008, I went to JH in Baltimore to have the Temporalis Tendon Transfer (T3) w/ Dr Patrick Byrne. At the time, it was a relatively new surgery & he was the only one doing them. I have been VERY pleased w/the results. I know that even more advancements have been made since then. "moe" had a different procedure & I'm sure she will be along soon. If I can answer specific questions, please let me know.

;D

PS - what part of the country are you in??
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

rayden1

Re: Facial parallysis
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 01:10:32 pm »

Hi skidd

Didi you think about a botox consult with of course a reconstructive plastic surgeon ? Might be of help. Wishing you all the best.

Ann x