Author Topic: Hello everyone...  (Read 1640 times)

Frank951

Hello everyone...
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:42:01 am »
Hello everyone, I wrote a couple of months back because my husband Francisco was told he has a tumor on the left side. The last MRI in Dec. showed it to be 5cm. Since then after fighting with the insurance company and appealing a couple of times, he is having surgery on May 18th at 9:00 at St. Vincent Hospital in L. A. His surgery will be performed by Dr. Rick Friedman and Dr. Shwartz. It's been a long struggle and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I'll admit part of me is happy but the other side of me is terrified for my husband. I know he's in the best hands possible and our family and friends are praying for God to keep him safe during his journey. I just wanted to say I'm so glad for this forum and all it's wonderful people. Although we didn't post much we always came to check on everyone and tried to gain as much knowledge as we could. I know in our case it helped tremendously to read your stories. You guys, don't know how valuable you are. Mr. Jim Scott could you please put my husband's surgery on the calendar? Again, thank you all and may God bless you!!! Maria

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Hello everyone...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:46:46 am »
Maria -

Prayers and lots of good thoughts coming your way from NJ.  Francisco is in great hands.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:49:18 am »
Maria -

as Debbi said, your husband is in great hands. 

Keep in mind that there is life after an Acoustic Neuroma - and the majority of time it's a wonderful life.

Best of luck to Francisco.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:17:06 pm »
Maria .....

Adding my welcome to this forum.  I was off-line for a while back in February so missed your initial posts.  Yes, having an acoustic neuroma is a scary diagnosis.  However, your husband is in good hands with Dr. Friedman and Dr. Shwartz so I am confident he will have the best possible outcome.

Please keep posting and let us know how he is doing.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

lori67

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 02:33:50 pm »
Maria,

We'll all be thinking of you and praying for the best outcome for your husband.  My daughter's birthday is on May 18, so good things happen on that date!   ;)

Please keep us posted.   We're all here for both of you if you need us!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 03:49:42 pm »
Maria ~

Thanks so much for letting us know about your husbands upcoming surgery.  Many thoughts and prayers will be with you, both.  I'm delighted to learn that the ANA website forums have been helpful to you. 

I've added Francisco's surgery date to the AN Treatment Calendar, as you requested.  You can access it here: http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d18/05/2010?authenticate=&display=M&style=B

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

knakag01

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »
Maria,
Best of luck to Frank on the 18th. He will be in my prayers!!

Kim
Kim
1.9cm x 1.2cm AN Right side
Diagnosed 11/09
Translab with Dr. Jackler @ Stanford on 5/20/10
Facial Paralysis (temp) & SSD Right side, some balance issues but not as bad as I thought :)