Author Topic: Ear-aches?  (Read 3800 times)

chrisransom

Ear-aches?
« on: April 24, 2011, 10:46:03 am »
Hello all! Ever since my diagnosis in January (actually even before then) I've had this peristent ear-ache on my AN side and even a bit of one in the other side.

I told the docs this in my consults but they didn't say anything about it (I had two consults at University of MN and at Mayo).  I guess I've been ignoring it for a couple of months.

In your collective experience, do AN's have ear-aches as a side effect/symptom?  I haven't read anything like that and am wondering if it's just a run-of-the-mill ear infection or something else.  I sure feels like ear infections I've had associated with colds, etc.  It not getting worse but it doesn't really subside at all.

Thanks and Happy Easter!
Chris
Diagnosed with 21x16x16 mm AN in December 2010.  No change in June 2011 nor in January 2012.  No major symptoms - tinnitus, some fullness in left ear but no hearing loss or other symptoms.
Firmly in the W&W camp for now.

Mickey

Re: Ear-aches?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:36:07 am »
It seems that all ANs are different the way they affect everyone. Some are small and create alot of problems and some large with minimal problems. I guess alot has to do with location. My AN has been diognosed for 4 years now W+W with my only real noticeable symptom tinnitus. I have had some minor earaches over many years with only one leading for me to take antibiotics. They have always subsided and its been quite a while since my last one. Wishing you the best, Mickey P.S. I also took a round of steriods once on a clogged sensation. AN .12X06 (stable)

LisaP

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:24:53 pm »
Hi,

Just wanted to put my two cents in....yes I also on occasion have ear pain and ear fullness along with other symptoms.  Just part of my AN world.

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

nftwoed

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:38:20 am »
Hi Chris;
  Yes; The ear is a complex organ with nerves extending even to our throat muscles.
  I get sore throats, then the ear starts to hurt, and suddenly, all may stop?
  I've read some get cold ( viral ) type syptoms. Some times that is the first symptom before the AN is discovered

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 07:40:16 pm »
Definately have deep ear pain, it is pretty constant, I will be so relieved if it is gone after surgery.  A Dr. a Mass General told me what I described is pretty classic of an AN but there are some that don't have any symptoms at all, it all depends on where it is, my is impacted in the canal and has caused the bone to remodel so i have pain and tons of pressure. Good luck with getting some answers.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

chrisransom

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 08:00:04 am »
Thanks all - it just seems like it shouldn't be related but it's been with me for about 6-8 months now.  It's more annoying than painfull.  I have my follow-up MRI and ENT visit scheduled for late June and I'll ask at that time.  Thanks again!
Diagnosed with 21x16x16 mm AN in December 2010.  No change in June 2011 nor in January 2012.  No major symptoms - tinnitus, some fullness in left ear but no hearing loss or other symptoms.
Firmly in the W&W camp for now.

cdove

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 02:29:15 pm »
Hi Chris,
I am 10 years W&W and for the past twoyears or so I have had very occasional deep stabbing pains and frequent low-grade pains in the AN side. Good luck!
Chris D
5-7mm Right Side AN diagnosed 5/2001
Stable with little change
Proud member of W&W ever since