Author Topic: Symposium 2009 Pictures  (Read 81109 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: Symposium 2009 Pictures
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2009, 09:46:20 pm »
I will learn and understand photobucket....
 ;D

I think I can...
I think I can...
I think I can...
 :)
 :)
 :-\
:-[
???

Oh gee now that I figured out finally my MacBook I-photo software and actually edited some photos- Hmmm now what?

HELP
DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

sgerrard

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2009, 10:01:21 pm »
Post 'em on photo bucket. :)

If you have an account, go log in. If not, go to http://register.photobucket.com/ and set one up.

Once you are in photo bucket, just click the Upload Images and Videos button, and select your pictures.

The part that throws most people is getting the link to photo bucket into a post here on the forum. The main thing to know is that it needs to end up looking like the text in the box below when you are composing the email (this is the pic above):

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/Captdeb_photos/IMG_0409.jpg[/img]
For me, the easiest way is to click on the picture in photobucket, so I go to a view of just that picture. On the left is a box called "Share this image" with various forms of the link. The bottom one is the [img] style one. When I click that (single left click in this view), it says "Copied". Then I can just paste it into a post.

Getting any closer?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

suboo73

« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2009, 04:15:28 am »
Sue -
hope to see you in 2011 in Cincinnati.
You can join us in the pictures - and the fun  ;D
Jan

Jan,  For someone who usually procrastinates and does more and more things on the fly, i already have this date on my virtual calendar.
Now that you have shared all the great pics, i can't wait to meet everyone!
In the meantime - so glad i am here on the Forum.
Happy weekend!
Sue
PS  Is the Symposium usually in August?
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Cheryl R

« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2009, 06:54:21 am »
The first 2 symposiums I went to were in June.     Disney World in June was not fun with the humidity but I survived.      LOL!
Philly ws in July and now this one in Aug.        So sounds like summer anyway.
                                                            Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

suboo73

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2009, 07:07:44 am »
Hi Cheryl!  Thank you for the information!  I work at a university, so May is generally not a good month to go anywhere (!) 
You are a wealth of information regarding symposiums!  Maybe you should write a book about your experiences...

All my best to you, and i will keep my eyes and ears open for updates on the next symposium.  ;D

Sincerely,
Sue

PS Disney World in June does not sound like fun, i agree!
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Cheryl R

« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2009, 08:19:19 am »
A symposium book would have to be one of everyones experiences.      I go to sessions that pertain to me and the NF2.       There is one lady I talked to that has been to 9 now.             I do look out for people that I know that have been to more than one and did not a see a Calif gal that saw at my first 2 and also a Texas couple.             If anyone met Hazel from Calif,she has been to the last 4 also and bet it's more than that.                     Now Capt Deb would be one to write a good book as she has such a perky personality and keeps up on what's going on well.     It's the pirate gene in her!                            You do learn in time how things are ususally run.                   This time was the most internet people and am sure it will continue that way. 
                                                                  Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2009, 10:18:58 am »
Good question about the symposium date.  I just assumed it would be in August 2011, but from what Cheryl R said I see my assumption is most likely incorrect.

I'm sure at some point when the good folks at the ANA recover from this year's symposium, they'll release the dates of the next one in Cincinnati.

Cheryl - I think you and Deb and Hazel should all collaborate on that book  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

reg

« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2009, 12:02:56 pm »
all pics were wonderful of the symposium and the sights (i didnt take any that could be unloaded only brought a disposabe job) but i had a wondeful time meeting with others and putting faces with forum names also the symposium was very informative really enjoyed talking with medical pros especially dr. hain am looking forward to the next one again i had a grand time..... 
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2009, 01:14:53 pm »
Jim and I are already talking up plans to go to the next one.

Donnalynn - it would be incredible if you and Jim attended in 2011  ;D

Reg -  I vaguely remember seeing your name tag, but I can't recall if I formally met you or not.  Anyway, hope to see you too in 2011.

We'll have to ask the ANA to make the ANA Forum Member ribbons in shocking pink or something so we can identify each other easier.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

NL

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2009, 01:36:30 pm »
Thanks to all who posted their wonderful pics of both the symposium and the city! I almost feel like I was there!  ;D

It was also a nice surprise to see both Dr. Friedman and Dr. Brackmann in the pics!

And Lilan - thanks for explaining the squirrel!  ;)

Nancy

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2009, 08:27:36 pm »
Reg -  I vaguely remember seeing your name tag, but I can't recall if I formally met you or not.  Anyway, hope to see you too in 2011.

Oh, I most certainly remember Reg and the fine woman with him!  :)  Reg, what a terrific treat to you meet you both and hope you enjoyed the symposium as much as I did!  What a pleasure to have met you!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2009, 10:40:09 pm »
(SHHH don't tell the "guy", aka steve, that his above instructions were a big help and that I could not have done this without him)

Ok OK  I figured this  out (with a little coaching, ok ok a lot of coaching, from the captain.)

I am am going to start with just one photo to make sure this works first

DHM

OMG- the photo worked!!!! ;D This is the Captain in her wonderful hand knit TOQUE with pirate motif... more to come ;D
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2009, 10:50:01 pm »
I was really surprised to walk out of the Drake hotel and see palm trees in Chicago   :o... at the Lake Michigan Beach.

Don't these freeze in the winter? :-\

Anyway you can see we had great weather!! ;D

DHM

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2009, 10:57:26 pm »

Here is another one...

DHM

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2009, 11:00:56 pm »
Virginia Fickel Ehr (our ANA founder) with a very dear dedicated irreplaceable ANA support group leader of many years (who I had the pleasure of having lunch with) and DHM.

I will cherish this photo for years to come. What amazing acooustic neuroma pioneers I have  on my left.

Thank you Mrs Ehr for founding this amazing non-profit organization... I could have not made it through the last 2 years without it ... not to mention without the people on the ANA discussion forum- here.  ;D The symposium was so well organized! What great and dedicated staff the ANA has. (And what an immense amount of organizational work to pull it off sooh smoothly.) Kudo's.

Daisy Head Mazie (AKA formerly "4")
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 12:41:45 am by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »