Author Topic: Freaking myself out?!?!?  (Read 2689 times)

InnerGrace

Freaking myself out?!?!?
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:00:34 pm »
Ok... I hope y'all bear with me until I am able to meet with my neurotologist to get more specifics.  One thing I have been noticing the last week or so is that my neck seems to be a bit stiff and achey.....with a bit of a headache in the back of my head right up from my neck....but it's on the opposite side of my AN.  Could this possibly be a symptom or from stress...?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:18:05 pm by InnerGrace »
Diagnosed 4/28/2016
2.4 x 2.0 x 1.9 cm AN
Symptoms:  Mild Hearing Loss, Mild Tinnitus, Mild Balance Problems, Possible Vision Issues, Some Vertigo.
Retromastoid Craniectomy 05/30/2016. UPMC Presby
Dr's Gardner and Hirsch
Left SSD. HB 6 Facial Paralysis.  Waiting for the nerves to wake up...

alabamajane

Re: Freaking myself out?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:12:34 pm »
InnerGrace,
Sorry you are having to wait to see your Dr. Maybe you can speak to him early this week and relieve some of your stress and questions.

I don't know if it would be symptoms of the AN for sure, pre-surgery,,,I have heard of it post surgery,,

But it surely could be stress and/or " excessive researching ",,,, straining from reading up on this new diagnosis on a computer/laptop/iPad. Especially since it has just started bothering you.

Sending hugs and hopes that you will get some answers this week!!
Jane

translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

InnerGrace

Re: Freaking myself out?!?!?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:11:39 am »
...lol, Jane.  Text neck. I was thinking..(hoping?) the same thing.  I think until I get to actually talk to the doc, I probably won't be able to stop the intense research.
Diagnosed 4/28/2016
2.4 x 2.0 x 1.9 cm AN
Symptoms:  Mild Hearing Loss, Mild Tinnitus, Mild Balance Problems, Possible Vision Issues, Some Vertigo.
Retromastoid Craniectomy 05/30/2016. UPMC Presby
Dr's Gardner and Hirsch
Left SSD. HB 6 Facial Paralysis.  Waiting for the nerves to wake up...