Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 777756 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2006, 04:22:37 pm »
Master Larry--
I'm at work right now, too.  Up in my studio working on a painting commission.  I work with the computer screen next to the easel with my image I'm working from displayed.  I keep the forum portal open all the time so I can lurk around between brushloads of paint!

Lurk, lurk, lurk.

I've never been to a Star Trek convention, but I have been to outer space a few times.
So cool that you'll be visitin the States!

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2006, 05:23:27 pm »
Back again,

I haven't been to Seattle or the U.S for that matter. My brother has lived in Seattle for a few years and loves the place (I believe it rains from time to time!!!!)

My mother is shouting myself and my brother to the convention for my 50th (old fart, excuse the english but that's native tongue to us). pretty good presie I think.

Phyl, Your language style is improving but you'll have to work on that accent!

off to a mtg now so catch ya (sooner than later i think).

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2006, 05:30:39 pm »
It actually rains more in New York than in Seattle...just ours is spread out a little more....a little lots of days.  It's more sunny than people think but we lie and say it's raining all the time to keep this slice of heaven to ourselves.  Lots of good sailing here too.

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2006, 05:38:20 pm »
I wanna go to seattle..my brohter lives there ...

When in Sept is your bday?  You know ALL truly great people are born in Sept.  That's because mine is  :o

Phyl I'm shocked  :o you had adult toys in your luggage.....So you've been with Bob too eh?  lol :P

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2006, 05:43:23 pm »
I think Bob gets around. 

Mine is the 12th....when is yours? 

I think we need a pre-cruise convention in Seattle in September...it seems like many of you have some connection here, and, ahem, I'm here, so it's all good!!!

Static

« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2006, 05:53:46 pm »
You guys get more time while at work at the computer than I do.  Although I'm on a computer alot, there's usually  someone looking over my shoulder so my posting time is limited.  My girls are out tonight so I can actually use a computer at home!  This thread has been great reading.  I'm with batty on the chocolate, gotta have chocolate and lots of it, always makes me feel better  ;D  Not sure if I could meet up with you guys in Seattle though.  While you are all out on the left coast, I'm out here on the right coast, just outside of Philly (thank goodness I'm outside of Philly as opposed to inside)!  My thoughts are always with you all though ;)
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Battyp

« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2006, 05:54:19 pm »
Mine is Sept 7th.  You know my last two birthdays really sucked.  2 years ago my birthday was in the middle of a hurricane.  We had three in a row.  My parents had to put their dog down on my birthday as she got in too much distress (she was very old), and last year I was slightly out of it as it was only about 3 or 3 weeks post op and things didn't go so peachy for me.  I'm thinking we need to have one heck of a birthday bash in Seattle!!

Battyp

« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2006, 05:57:15 pm »
Static then I vote we all go to Disney World the greatest vacation spot on earth so they claim.  It could be like the superbowl commercial.  Joe Montana you just won the superbowl what are you going to do next...(joe says)" I'm going to Disneyworld"  ;D

Everybody (insert your name here)..."You just had a brain tumor removed, zapped, watching...what are you going to do next..."I'm going to Disneyworld"  ;D

We can also jump a cruise to the island from port canaveral  ;D

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2006, 06:08:14 pm »
Do they have rollercoasters at Disney World?--that would be ahoot?  Talk about PT.  The year before I was diagnosed I went with all my crazy Caribbean lady captain pirate friends to Busch Gardens to celebrate Captain Marge's 75th.  We rode rollercoasters all day--sure glad I got to do that before my balance nerve went bye-bye!

Seattle sounds great! I've never been to that part of the country, but have friends who've cruised up there.Do they have chocolate up there?

Captain Deb 8)

Static

« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2006, 06:13:10 pm »
I don't know about Seattle and chocolate, but I'm about 1-1/2 hrs. from Hershey, PA.  Lots of chocolate there! 
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2006, 06:15:05 pm »
This is sort of interesting.  My husband and I went on a cruise around 1994....AN would have been along for the ride, but I didn't know it.  After we were done with this 3-day cruise, I was off-balance and dizzy and it felt like I was still sloshing around aboard ship!  That lasted about 2 or 3 weeks. I am wondering now if the AN caused that or made it worse or if that's just something that happens to some people anyway.  Interesting.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2006, 06:17:31 pm »
Yes, we have several Godiva's stores, and there's See's.  We're a port city, so if we can't make the best here, we import it.  We did start Starbucks here, and our Starbucks actually tastes good.  I've been to other Starbucks around the country and yuck.  They don't have it down.  

Batty, I'm sure I'm going to spend this birthday dealing with post-op issues, so we will be quite the pair!!!!  I'm a 65'er, how close are you?

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2006, 06:28:32 pm »
I looooove Starbuck's, I'm there.

There is something to be said for America!
I lived outside the continental US for 1/2 my life, and where I live now is pretty rural and remote--no Starbuck's, mall, or freeway for about 100 miles!

Captain Deb 8)

Static

« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2006, 06:29:23 pm »
Godiva's is good stuff, but Starbucks........... I don't drink coffee, don't even like the smell of coffee.  I get all my caffeine from chocolate  ;D
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

matti

« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2006, 06:46:40 pm »
Hey batty - I'm on Sept. 1st    Virgo's Rock!!!!  Meet you and Gennysmom in Seattle ;D
 Ã‚ 

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50