Author Topic: BP100  (Read 2672 times)

Sam Rush

BP100
« on: July 07, 2009, 02:40:28 pm »
Just talked to the House clinic audiologist in charge of BAHA pts.  The cochlear rep is coming out to train them on Aug 26th. They are unable to do tade-ups until then. Apparently if you (me) have had your divino for more than 1 year you(I)  will have to pay full price If you have had your divino less than 1 year, Cochlear will pro-rate the cost.
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
Re: BP100
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:31:57 pm »
THat is at your clinc when they come out but others Cochlear will be doing a upgrade program on Aug. 3rd I talked to the Coclear Corp. and they confirmed it. About the prorate I do not know they just said $250.00 to upgrade will know more Aug 3rd.
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:22:22 pm »
Both the Intenso and Divino are digital processors. The previous Compact and Classic models were analog. The BP100 is the new version of the digital processor and it is meant to replace the Divino. Your audiologist will be programming the BP100 according to your audiogram, similar to the way the air conduction hearing aid world works. It is a more advanced digital processor compared to the Divino which is a very basic digital.

The Intenso is still meant to be a more powerful model. So for patients that need power, the BP100 may not be the best option. As the BP100 makes it into clinics, audiologists will be able to further assess its capabilities. There may be Intenso patients that the BP100 will work for, but that is still a little bit of an unknown.

Cochlear is in the process of completing production and paperwork for the BP100. They were looking to release the new processor to NEW surgical patients first sometime in July. At this point, it does look closer to the beginning of August for that release. Once the new processors are handled, they will begin work on the upgrade process.

With regard to the upgrade....patients will have to pay some larger sum of money to purchase one. I know that the $250 amount was tossed around. The BP100 costs $250 more than the Divino. So for clinics to turn in unopened Divinos and get them replaced with BP100s, it will cost the clinic $250 more per device. The BP100 will cost somewhere in that $4000 range, give or take a few hundred depending on your location. In the past, when Cochlear released new products - they did have varying price ranges for getting the new processor. So if you were fit with a new Divino last month, they will offer some type of larger discount to you versus the person that got their Divino one year ago. I was told today that are still working that out.

One other thing to throw out there into this mix....the Oticon Medical device is also in production. It is also meant to be a digital processor that will be programmed by the audiologist the same as the BP100. And at this time, the Oticon Medical device will fit on the Cochlear abutment. This is meant to release to the public in the fall. They will be releasing two versions of their device, the Ponto and Ponto Pro. One is a more basic digital and one is more advanced.

I hope that helps clarify things. Lots of new stuff on the horizon, the companies just need to get the stuff out to the public!
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:24:38 pm »
Mike -

you are an incredible BAHA resource!  Thanks for the update.

I emailed my neurotologist a few days ago and asked about the upgrade from the Divino to the BP100, but he had no information.  He said he'd check into it and get back to me.

It would be a bummer if what Sam says about the one-year time frame is true.  I got my Divino 6/6/08, which puts me just slightly past the one year mark  :(  So while I was hoping for a cheap upgrade cost, it doesn't sound like that's going to happen  :'(

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

grega

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:00 am »
Hi Jan, Mike & Sam,

Thanks for the interesting news ... might check into the new BP100.  I'm still looking to the fall as the time to let them drill, and was hoping that Ponto would be available sooner ..... as opposed to later.  So I'll just wait and explore some more.

Take care all .... enjoy the summer!

Greg  8)
1.5 cm AN retrosig 11/04.
Drs. Henry Brem & Michael Holliday @ Johns Hopkins, Baltimore
SSD right. Tinnitus big-time, only when thinking of it.
BAHA since 7/20/10 ... really helps w/ hearing, specially after programming in subliminal message: "Hey, don't listen to your tinnitus!"