Author Topic: My BAHA DAY  (Read 1929 times)

ombrerose4

My BAHA DAY
« on: January 04, 2010, 05:53:18 pm »
Today I had my BAHA surgery with the wonderful Dr. Choe. I chose to have conscious sedation, so I was up most of the time (although I did hear myself snore once or twice), mostly just that woozy feeling. One or 2 injections by the site and the only pain I had was when they put in the IV. The drillling sounded like he was scraping my head, strange noise but absolutely no pain. Came home, ate and slept for a few hours, then celebrated with my 'clapper'. Chocolate will come next :) So at this point no pain by site, just a frontal headache which I think is due to the hopping with the walker (I fell last week and sprained my ankle badly-no weight bearing) making my head jingle too much. All in all another step on the road to recovery.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

another NY postie

Re: My BAHA DAY
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:17:50 pm »
Sounds like all went fabulously well....so happy for you!  Can't wait to hear when you have your Baha moment!
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: My BAHA DAY
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:32:14 pm »
Lauren -

sounds like things went great today  ;D

And I can't believe the chocolate lasted this long!!  :o  Won't have survived a week in my house LOL

Once your head is healed a little - about a week or so - try this little trick.  Gently rub your fingertip back and forth across your abutment and you'll actually hear the sound.

Discovered this myself post op and thought it was so cool  ;D  Kind of like a very small prelude to your BAHA Gotcha Day!

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways