Author Topic: A place to vent  (Read 81728 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: A place to vent
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2007, 06:09:57 am »
Thank you Ron and Soundy... for your compassion and wishes... and for sharing tragedy that has also touched you.  When I think of the song "Only the Good Die Young".... dang, it really is true.  Huggles to you both for your losses and appreciation for sharing this with us....

Today is Tiger's wake.... I will go and try to say my good-byes to her....just hasn't hit me yet.......still numb.

thanks again,
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:50 am »
Dear Phyl,
    Lots of hugs to you.  I'm sure you'll find your way to say goodbye.  Odd, isn't it, how some deaths hit us so hard?  A "young" (59 = 'young" when you're 58 like me!!) close family friend died last year and I went to his memorial service and just cried and cried the whole time. 
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2007, 12:36:40 pm »
So sorry Phyl for the recent loss of your good friend. It's even more tragic when these folks are young and still should have a good long time to go to fulfill a "normal" lifespan. 

The first week in July I went to the saddest funeral I've ever been too, and that includes my own parents I think.  A friend's daughter lost her 9 day old baby girl to a bacterial infection of some sort.  Three very appropriate but terribly sad songs were played which made it even more heartbreaking.  Tears in Heaven, the song that Eric Clapton wrote after the death of his child, Sarah Maclaughlin's Arms of the Angels, and another one that I can't remember.  And all through it, the young mother is softly sobbing. Along with most of the people at the funeral, I might add.  Jeez that was a tough thing to get through and there was nothing I could do or say to help the young parents (20 ish) .....nothing.  :'(

Love ya,

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2007, 01:14:02 pm »
Geez Phyll, so sorry!  Life sure is a mystery sometimes isn't it? Hope your MRI went well, (I know it did) I tried to pick up the phone while you were talking, but my new phone won't let me! Hmmmm.

Good Rant , Dana!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2007, 03:32:56 pm »
Phyl,

I am so sorry for your loss.  Friends who accept you unconditionally are few and far between. I'm sending big huggles and I am soooooooo very glad that Ian is there now for you.
 August is a rough month for me too.  Tomorrow is the twenty-first anniversary of my husband's suicide.  Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my daughter finance's death, and August 25 is the 12th anniversary of my twin baby daughters' passing.   I would like to sleep through August.  Not possible so my therapist tells me to decide how long I am going to spend grieving and only allow myself that much time and plan something else for the rest of the day.  Easy for her to say.  I usually release white balloons with notes attached  (I know, bad for the birds).  This year I am sending up red ones.  I want them to see that I am still thinking about all of them.

Hugs, Phyl...........................it does it easier with time..........Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2007, 06:43:32 am »
thank you all again for the wishes..... it is truly appreciated.

Brenda, I send you MASSIVE huggles during this rough time.....my hope is that you find peace in your heart during this time... and know that we are all here for you.  Massive huggles...... I know they are "virtual" but I sure hope you can feel them......

thank you all again...
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2007, 04:39:35 pm »
These tragedies are so unnecessary and hurt so many people. Life sucks half the time.!!

My thoughts are with you Phyl.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2007, 08:41:54 pm »
These tragedies are so unnecessary and hurt so many people. Life sucks half the time.!!

My thoughts are with you Phyl.

Laz

Hugz hun.. major hugz back at you...  :-*

...and thank you all during this very difficult week..... just trying to move on now... and hoping you all are doing ok as well.

oxox

Jill Marie

« Reply #233 on: August 16, 2007, 09:07:33 pm »
Phyl

I had a very long day Sunday trying to get my Dad & I home from Pittsburgh to Spokane, WA.  Now and then as we sat in the various airports I felt like venting and was looking forward to doing so here.  Wasn't sure it fit the subject as it's not about AN's or medical related at all.  Was going to post but was to tired the first couple of days after I got home to even read the posts and catch up with everyone.  THEN, I read your post about loosing a very good friend that was always there for you and my need to vent was gone, no longer important!  I want to tell everyone that posted about their losses that I'm so sorry they have had to go through those times. I'm thankful that you have a place to share those losses.  Take care, Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2007, 07:31:56 am »
Jill, thank you.  :-* I hope your day/week is a better one and glad to see you and your dad are safe and sound.

Phyl

Brendalu

« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2007, 07:24:22 am »
I am glad we have a place to vent.  As I said before, August isn't a good month for me.  It got worse this week.  My favorite brother, passed away Monday night.  He lived in New York State and I live in Houston.  The funeral was Wednesday morning and the flights to near where he lived are few and far between.  I couldn't get one.  I can't believe I am not going see his twinkling eyes, hear his corny jokes or hear him tell stories of our child hood that make him laugh so hard that tears run down his cheeks and everyone who listens as well.  He was only a little older than I am.  I feel sad and lost and angry.  Thanks for listening.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Boppie

« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2007, 02:45:37 pm »
Oh Brenda, I am so sorry you lost your brother.  I love your comments about the laughing you had with your brother.  Memories of times with siblings are the best ever!

My 2 brothers and 2 sisters and MOM are in Ohio.  There are only a few flights a day into Cincy from Houston.  Then we have to drive 35 miles to get to the home town.  It is a ridiculous 10 hour day for me to even get there from here.  In 1997 My Dad was in hospice and took a turn for the worse and I only got there on the evening of the wake!

I have a brother 2 years younger than me.  We are very close.  I've spent 37 years in Texas, and make one trip to Ohio every fall.  It is hard.

Brendalu

« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2007, 04:16:54 pm »
Thank you, Boppie, memories are great, no one can take them away from you.  The drive from Buffalo to the hometown is 65 miles if I don't get lost!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2007, 04:52:14 pm »
Brendalu,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.  You certainly have had your share of losses.  Know others care. 

God bless you,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2007, 07:34:54 pm »
Brenda,

Our deepest, heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGLES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Phyl, Iain (CB) and Beanie