Author Topic: Third MRI today  (Read 3133 times)

Janey

Third MRI today
« on: September 11, 2015, 06:58:01 pm »
Today I had my third MRI (four months from last one).  My doctor said it showed a small bit of growth, but I could still continue with watch and wait for the next six months.  I was very happy about
that, as in May he had told me I would probably have to think about some sort of treatment if
it grew any.  Thanks to all of you here on this forum, I have been able to research many facets of our
common condition, have obtained other opinions from doctors I discovered would provide free
consults, and have felt that I'm sharing in the journeys of my friends as I read your posts each evening.  Thank you all for helping to make this uncommon condition less intimidating.  God Bless
each of you.

keithmac

Re: Third MRI today
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:24:15 pm »
great news!

Sheryl

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:30:10 pm »
I've been on W&W for 14 years with a little bit of growth here and there.  What's important is that I am asymptomatic.  I still have MRI's every year but finally asked the doctor last year if I could go longer and he said I could try a year and a half.

Good luck,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Janey

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 08:29:20 pm »
Thank you Keithmac and Sheryl  Fourteen years is sure encouraging!  Hope I can say that one day!

MG

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 06:02:41 am »
That's great news Janey! I too hope I can go on like I am but time will tell. My MRI will be due in about 5 months.

Best of luck!
MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016