Author Topic: Trish is back!  (Read 4426 times)

calimama

Trish is back!
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:08:42 pm »
ok....
hello to all who remember me and hi to those in this post that i dont know, but i can tell could use a bit of encouragement.

long time no me... i know, i know... sorry i have been rather swamped at home on maternity leave with my twin boys, now just over 6 months. they are doing great by the way, both are over 20lbs -yikes! and have made it through most of their first canadian winter without so much a bit of a runny nose. they are magical.

so i am now 20 months post surgery and doing great. mind you, i have been doing great in one way or another (most of the time) since surgery.

for those of you in the early (like first 6 months to 1 year) post surgery, hang in there with the face stuff. i know its rough - i have been there too - and the scariest thing is not knowing if it will fix, when, how well. i had pretty much nothing for 7 months, then little by little, it has started to come back, and continues to improve.

i would like to post some pics, as i know everyone loves to see pics and appreciates those kind and brave enough to share, esp the not-so-great ones. but first i have to pick out a few and figure out how to load them to the message (i have not done this before). my smile is pretty good, i can make it look fairly symmetrical both open and closed mouth, providing i dont try to smile too big, then it is more pronounced, but still a huge improvement over nothing. my left eye still does not close fully, or blink at all, but people dont really seem to notice the lack of blink so much because my eye does move now. the illusion of blinking? so i wear sunglasses or safety glasses outside and eye glasses inside, when i feel my eye needs some protection (around my 3 year old daughter and cooking over hot oil!!)". i never did get a eye weight as my eye looks symmetirical without one and imanage fine with drops. hmm... i am havig a terrible time wiith the botton of this email. will post and contine...... sorryyyyy

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:15:53 pm by calimama »
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Trish is back!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:41:34 pm »
Hi Trish! Great to see you back. You may recall that we are surgery twins.

I was really happy to hear about your twins, and am even happier to hear they are doing so well. Not even a cold, that's great. I'm home with a very sick fourteen-year-old daughter today so I am totally jealous.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Your new avatar pic looks great.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:02:04 pm »
hi trish looking forward to seeing the photosx
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

arkansasfarmgirl

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:48:44 pm »
Good to hear from you.  :-D  After having spent my entire monday taking care of 2 sick kids while I was sick myself, I am green with envy that yours have been so healthy. LOL  I can't believe they're so big already!!  My 18 month old is just now up to 21.8 lbs.  LOL

Can't wait to see your pics.  :-)

Vonda

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:07:44 pm »
Trish --

great to see you  ;D

Can't believe the twins are that old already - but then again, I'm still in shock that mine will be starting high school in the Fall  :o

Can't wait to see the pictures of the boys, and Cali, too of course!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:56:04 pm »
Did someone split Trish's post off as a new topic? I could have sworn I saw it with one following it, back in the "quote from my Doc" thread, where I replied ... ???

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

lori67

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 06:06:08 am »
Maybe your hat's too tight, Steve!   :D

Trish, it's good to hear from you!  Two 20lb little boys - wow - now that's gotta be a workout!  I hope Cali is enjoying her new baby brothers.

I'm glad things are going well and can't wait to see some pictures.  Of you AND the kids?   :)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

calimama

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 02:17:20 pm »
yes Steve... someone did move (the first part) of my post. AND IT WASNÈT ME!...maybe a moderator...as they also added in the subject line. weird....

hey do you know how to post pics to the body of a message?

and i went to all the trouble to put a new pic of myself for my profile, but it came out very small and dark. oh well, i tried....

trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 02:35:03 pm »
Trish ~

Welcome back. 

I split your original post from the thread it was on because you piggy-backed a new subject onto a totally different thread and I thought your new post would receive more attention with it's own thread.  I took the liberty of dubbing the 'new' thread 'Trish is Back' to help gain attention for your post, because you're a 'veteran' here and have many friends.  Unfortunately, in my haste, I neglected to move your additional post to the new thread.  I'm sorry if that confused anyone, including my fellow moderator, Steve.  Apparently, you're doing well - and that's what really matters.  :)

I'm sure Steve can help you with your new avatar photo or any new photos you might wish to post in the near future.  He's good at that stuff, which is fortunate, because I'm not. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 04:36:51 pm »
Trish,

Great to see you again!

About the pics, if they're in photobucket already, then copy the "IMG Code" line (the bottom one) from Photobucket and put it in your post...

So, for example, this line:  

[ IMG]http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/bdcphotobucket/Tumor2.jpg[/IMG]

Produces this image in the post:

Hope this is helpful for you to post pictures!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

calimama

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 08:00:09 pm »
hey Jim...
noworries...
i wasnt trying to start my own thread in another, rather saw a need for encouragement and was trying to offer some. anyway....
Brian thanks for the tips... i will give it a go. nice booger by the way, looked a lot like mine!

Trish