Author Topic: Migraine drug news report on ABC World News Tonight  (Read 1714 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

millert

Re: Migraine drug news report on ABC World News Tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 12:13:53 am »
Thanks for info on ABC. Having been on ever increasing doses of class II narcotics, I found the article interesting. I also read the related articles as well. The new non-narcotic drug sounds promising. However, I am very pessimitic about that. It seems every drug has side effects and some are present problems that just compound the migaine headaches. I had for about a year and half suffered with daily headaches. Bedridden for days on end. I was referred to a well renowned Neurologist at a University. He prescribed Oxyfast. Wow!! It gave me relief from the severe pain. I now take the slow release oxycontin and that subdues the pain. It really does not help with the light sensitivity or noise. But at least I can do things for a few hours a day. Three times in that year and half I tried taking my life, the pain was so bad. Locking me up for a 72 hour hold was a torture-- the nurses didn't understand my headache problem. Anyway I am willing to try anything if it will help stop these headaches. By the way, this doc says that about 10% of AN surgeries have the side effect of headaches. Sometimes they go away or decrease, but for about 1% they will never. He just tries to provide relief.
Right side AN, removed Dec. 1998 Jackler;Pitts @UCSF,