Author Topic: Gold Weight Put in Yesterday  (Read 3231 times)

Unjaded

Gold Weight Put in Yesterday
« on: March 01, 2013, 04:38:42 pm »
I had my weight put in yesterday. Also put a few stitches in the bottom lid to make the opening smaller. Doc decided to sew it shut for 10 days to promote better healing.  I definitely wasn't expecting it to be this painful.  If someone can tell me how to post a pic here I'll show the eye.

I'll just post the link to the album.

http://unjaded.imgur.com/all/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:08:51 pm by Unjaded »

MNTim

Re: Gold Weight Put in Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:48:18 pm »
Unjaded,
I just posted results of my procedure from yesterday. Sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. Hopefully it subsides soon.

MnTim
8/31/09 hydrocephulus-emergent drain
9/2/09 5 cm AN debulked, Retro Sig Abbott NW
5/18/10 Second debulk, Retro Sig Abbott NW
1/31/11 Translab, 7/12 Graft Mayo Rochester, MN
2/12/11 Lumbar drain
3/14/11 Eustacian tube packing procedure for CSF leak
2/28/13 Platinum weight & Tarsorrhaphy

pmcollings

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:44:39 pm »
Unjaded,

That looks very painful.  I have decided to put mine on hold.  I am only 5 months post op and I want to wait and see if I get full closure w/o the surgery.  I hope you feel better soon.  Bless your heart.  I hope your doctor gave you something for your pain.  Please keep us posted on your progress. 
Pam
Diagnosed 5/2012 - 2.0cm
Translabsurgery  10/30/12. 
50 % hearing loss before op.  Total hearing loss after.  Partial facial paralysis
Surgeons - Dr Craig Kemper and Dr. James Kemper. Austin, texas

Unjaded

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »
It's looks more painful than it was. It hurt the first couple of days and that was it. The stitches were removed at 10 days. I tell ya, it was a glorious feeling sticking my face directly in the shower stream  ;D my eyes felt fantastic for about 3 weeks but have gone downhill from that point. Yesterday the surgeon told me I needed a heavier weight inserted. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible. I've had 3 major surgeries in 5 months and my body needs a chance to recover first :)