Author Topic: CALLING OUT JIM SCOTT AND SGERRARD! (and anyone else that care to eavesdrop!) :)  (Read 7260 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Steve has such a sunny disposition. I think it was from all those California Gamma Rays he got last fall.   ;)(Maybe those stars should be bright orange and red- instead)

Good choice… we got a Pacific Northwesterner in there moderating us. 8)

Go Portland! ;D

Daisy Head Mazy

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:55:31 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

lori67

Jan, I like your idea of the doctors picking up the tab!  I was at a teaching hospital - lots of onlookers - I think they should ALL have to chip in!  I may need a designated driver.  Oh wait, I hear Debbi's back on the road again... :D

Steve, does this mean we're not getting our knit hats?   :'(

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Oh yea, the knit hats.

Steve will be so busy moderating now that he won't have time to knit  :'(

And I was so looking forward to that hat.  However will I keep my BAHA warm  ???

Last week someone called us the 3 musketeers - I think it was Ann Marie - guess it's just Lori and me now since Steve's been promoted  :(

Wonder if Debbi has a cool car?  Maybe we could recruit her, Lori  ;D  We can add her to the drink list, too.  Steve's buying you know.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
We have addressed payment for moderators before - well for phyl anyway but the same applies to all moderators. They can have double (to reflect the importance of the role) than they get as crew on the good ship PBW!!

Laz the generous
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Jim Scott is such an eloquent writer; kind nurturing and sensitive- yet sensible.  The sort of person we all wish our doctors to be… especially when we are having one of those emotional AN moments and we are wondering what our options are.

I always enjoy reading his responses.

He is going to make a great moderator.

Daisy Head Mazy

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
I've had the honor of meeting Jim Scott (and JoeF) in person...... I ain't sayin' a word!  :-X

Payment for services received to the Mods?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, don't make me laugh!!!!!! OH, my sides hurt from laughing!!!!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
*falls off chair, ROFL!*

I needed that laugh! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Jim Scott is such an eloquent writer; kind nurturing and sensitive- yet sensible.  The sort of person we all wish our doctors to be… especially when we are having one of those emotional AN moments and we are wondering what our options are.

I always enjoy reading his responses.

He is going to make a great moderator.

Daisy Head Mazy

Beautifully said, Mazy.

I joke around a lot here on the forum, but I'm totally serious when I say I couldn't agree with you more.

Congratulations to both Jim and Steve  :)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts

Okay, now everyone needs to lobby the ANA to start paying moderators LOL

What a splendid idea!   Thank you, Jan, thank you Mazy and thanks to all for the kind words and good wishes.  You guys are the best.  It's a pleasure to be in your service, such as it is.

Jim
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 07:22:04 am by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Oooo, promotions were given out on the poop deck and I missed the ceremonies!  Well, a belated 100 gun salute and we'll even set off the ship's cannons and hoist the AN flag in your honor, Jim and Steve!  Congratulations.  We've got the Mama, and now we got the Papas!  Well done, Gents, well done. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA

"Go Portland" is right!  We're so proud.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:25:17 pm by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Laz the generous

I don't know how I missed this quote before  ???

Apparently Laz is the generous one, so Steve is now off the hook for drinks.  Looks like Laz is buying  ;D

Jan

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
What a great chioce for two new mods.  Congrats guys.  We'll try to keep the mischeif and mayhem contained to the GM thread. No, really, we'll try. Honest.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
We'll try to keep the mischeif and mayhem contained to the GM thread. No, really, we'll try. Honest

yeah right ya parrot!

Laz the generous here - drinks are on me for the next 24 hours - I'll meet you all in Pub just down from here (ah, thats in sunny Sydney). Speaking of sunny it's a bottler today.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Kaybo

I'm just excited to be able to have a glass of wine with dinner tonight since I am PICC-free!!!   I don't care who is buying!  ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
I'm just excited to be able to have a glass of wine with dinner tonight since I am PICC-free!!!   I don't care who is buying!  ;D

K -

that's worth toasting.  If I were there tonight, I'd have bought you one (don't tell Steve)  ;D

Jan

Kaybo

Hey thanks Jan!  We had a great time.  My MIL kept all 5 kids so Dave & I could go out with my SIL!  Good times were had by all until Dave dropped us off and went to WalMart where he then kind of wrecked his car!!!!!!!  I had to go get him!!  Poor guy - he's dealt w/ a LOT lately!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!