Author Topic: In anticipation of movement...  (Read 2944 times)

Kaybee

In anticipation of movement...
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:22:45 pm »
Okay so I have none yet but I'm curious and so hopeful.  I have seen many posts on the forum about not stretching/pulling/etc when you have no signs of movement.  But once you do, are you supposed to start really flexing that muscle or do you still take it easy?  I obviously just want to be prepared if I see any signs of movement!   ;)
2 x 3 x 4 cm tumor removed at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis 10/30/09
Left facial paralyis/SSD (showed first signs of improvement at approximately 6 months post-op)

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
Re: In anticipation of movement...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:34:06 pm »
I have no idea what you're "supposed" to do, but I just got my first bit of movement, and I can't help but "flex" it.  :P All I have is a little in the corner of my mouth, and it involuntarily kind of moves and feels like I'm snarling. It's weird!
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:03:27 pm »
Kaybee;

I see that you had your surgery more than a year ago.  If you don't have any movements on the AN side of your face, I would suggest you to consult a doctor if you haven't gone already.

Take care,
Gloria
Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

Kaybee

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:54:38 am »
Oh dear, how did that happen?  My surgery was in Oct 09, not 008...whatever year that is!  Profile changed. 
2 x 3 x 4 cm tumor removed at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis 10/30/09
Left facial paralyis/SSD (showed first signs of improvement at approximately 6 months post-op)

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:16:38 am »
Oh dear, how did that happen?  My surgery was in Oct 09, not 008... . 

That's much better Kaybee. I hope your movements come soon.  I started to massage my face right away after my surgery, soft massages with your fingers from the nose toward the cheek, 3 times a day (according to the doctor's suggestion), my face started to move 45 days after my surgery, thereafter I felt movements every day.

One month after the surgery I started to get facial massages with the therapist.

I am 2 years 3 months post surgery, my face is ALMOST back. I could say 90%, I don't have a very very full smile, but it is hardly noticeable something wrong on my face. The 10% that is missed on my face recovery caused some synkinesis but I am having botox treatments, which helps a lot.

I wish you a good recovery.

Take care,
Gloria

Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.