Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

I'm back

<< < (2/3) > >>

Battyp:
Hi Tom how are you doing? 

onebadass350bird:
Hey, how are ya?  I've been so so.  How have you been.  I was just up in Orlando for facial therapy and may be back there in 4-6 weeks so if I do, I'll come see ya if ya have the time.

Tom

JohnC23:
Hi Tom!

I am one of those law enforcement newbies on here and was just reading about your DUI experience.  I am sure that was not fun and confusing to you all at the same time.  Speaking from my past, when I was a younger cop (I am 39 now), I received several governor's awards for DUI enforcement.  I could do field sobriety test in my sleep.  As I got older The DUI enforcement was handled by the younger cops but--- THEN a few years ago, I started having balance issues etc...I could not walk a straight line very well.  I could never pass a field sobriety test perfectly sober.  Even though I was in pretty good health and shape.  After going to my DR and seeing an ENT and getting an intial MRI, I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease.  I lived and worked with this for 5 years until last summer when my symptoms changed and the tinnitus got so bad with the hearing loss they gave me another MRI and found the AN.  (the surgeaons think the AN was to small to see on the first MRI..and yes I made sure that the Nuero DR. compared the two MRI's).  I felt like I was "drunk" alot.  I was uncomfortable giving people roadside field sobriety test, because we are trained to explain the test and demonstrate the test and I could not physically do them anymore. 
After surgery, It took me several weeks of physical therapy to get my balance back.  I am now 8 monthe post op. and my balance is almost like it was 10 years ago.
Tom, I know that if I was in your shoes at the time I would not have been able to past the test myself.  2 or 3 beers would not make you leaglly drunk or impaired but the failing of the FST is such a horribly bad way didn't help your cause.  I feel for you and I am sure that the officer that arrested you felt bad about putting you in jail unknowingly for a medical condition.  At least I know the cops on this site would have felt bad about it!   :o
 All of the training that cops get for impairment talks about drinking and drugs and the medical issues only deal with diabetics.  I myself had never even heard of AN until I was diagnosed.  I had never even heard of Meneire's Disease or the fact that it can cause sever balance problems. 
Sorry for being so long here, but good luck to you, John

Jeanlea:
Hi Tom,

When did you start facial therapy?  Is it helping you?  My doctor told me it wouldn't help me when I saw him last August. 

Jean

Jim Scott:
Hi, Tom:

Welcome back.

Although I'm a relative 'newbie' here and never saw your earlier posts, I'm always happy to see another AN patient share his or her experiences.  Your DUI story is something that a lot of us feared could happen to any of us, pre-op.  Once I started losing my capability to balance - well before my AN diagnosis - I left the driving to my wife.  6 weeks post-op, I was driving regularly again with no problem.  Well, at least the DUI situation was eventually settled in your favor, as it should have been. 

Now, let's have an update on your recovery and present condition, if you care to share it with us.

Jim[/color]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version