Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

I'm back

<< < (3/3)

Battyp:
Hi Tom, I'm hanging in.  Still dealing with post surgical issues.  Are you back to work at all?  By all means give me a holler when you're coming up.

John, I couldn't pass a dui test before treatment and can't pass one now after treatment.  I was advised to carry my diagnosis in my glove box in case I got stopped and really hadn't been drinking.  Ok, now tell us the deal with the ICE in the cell phone.  What's your depts stance on that?

JohnC23:
Ok battyprincess you got me on the ICE in the cell phone thing.  ??? (me being a drug cop I first thought of ICE=crystal meth), but my wife informs me that it means "In case of Emergency".  I never had heard that.  We don't have a policy on it and it has to my knowledge never came up.  I have on several occasions, for lost phones called the programed "home" on them to return them to the owner and in an emergency or medical situatuion I would resort to that situation as well.   I have "home" programed on my cell in case I ever loose it.

John

Battyp:
It was a thing going around the internet where they were telling you to put ICE and someone to contact.  I was informed locally that the police were not allowed to look in your cell for the info (this is at an accident or if you collapsed out in public somewhere).  I was told by a local firefighter that I should keep medical docs in my freezer in a plastic bag as this is where they would go look if it was a home emergency.  No, I'm not talking Meth  LOL  Hmm..I have Mom in my phone and home is under my son's name..guess maybe I should change that eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version