Author Topic: Going Back to Work  (Read 6986 times)

It is what it is

Re: Going Back to Work
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 07:17:49 am »
That's encouraging to hear!  Thanks.

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

lrobie

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 09:23:41 am »
Liz and Karen,

I'm glad to hear you made it through your first week back at work, but sorry to hear it was difficult.  I return on Monday and will probably spend my day with co-workers in my office asking me about the surgery experience.  That, although not really work, will probably get overwhelming.  I'm glad that they care though.  My boss has already told me that if I can't make it through the entire day, I can leave early.  I have a great boss!

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

It is what it is

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 09:51:48 am »
It is comforting to know we are all making progress after our surgeries at HEI/St. Vincents.  We were fortunate to have excellent doctors and the support here on this list.  I hope you both have a wonderful week.

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

LizAN

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 09:07:49 pm »
I had a rough time returning back to work after 2 months off for retrosigmoid surgery.  I was sleeping through the night but I was still extremely fatigued.  My job includes making a lot of decisions and answering lots of questions.  I found this rather overwhelming for the first few months back.  I also found that I relied heavily on a to-do list since I could no longer keep tabs on everything in my head.  I would work my eight hours and then go home right away.  Also by the time Friday came I would go home from work and get in bed since I was exausted.  Things gradually got better so hang in there!  I am almost one year out and I feel fine now.  Keep chugging along - just being able to go back to work means you are doing great!  ;D   

New girl,

Thanks for your perspective.  Your job sounds a lot like mine.  On top of that, I'm up against some deadlines that would be unrealistic for a completely well person.  It is overwhelming right now.  I am having to write everything down to keep my head from spinning, and even then it doesn't feel like I am very productive.  I'm sure it will get better.  Even with the struggle, I'm happy to be back at work.  I needed to rejoin the world.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

It is what it is

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 12:18:14 am »
I hope work continues to get less overwhelming as time goes by.  Its amazing you are functioning as well as you are with such a complicated job.  With caring, Karen