Author Topic: a gastroenterelogical question  (Read 2715 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
a gastroenterelogical question
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:15:41 pm »
Hello All,

I am still here  ;) , although i have not written for several weeks. I had a lot of problems with my internet connection, then decided to change the provider and then a lot more problems of this nature with the new provider. Hope all is settled now!

The thing is that I do not know where to write about my question so I chose the "inquiries" topic. I was asked 40 min ago by a friend to give him a reference to good clinics in the world. The thing is that a friend of his has a tumor in the colon/ large intestine, sorry that I can not give any information more, it was a telephone conversation and I was embarrassed to ask further. The unknown to me person has undergone a surgery in Bulgaria, but doctors here do not give him any chance to survive. My friend's friend wants to ask other doctors, though, abroad, to send his friend's medical records and to ask doctors whether anything could be done. Can you recommend me some good clinics where gastroenterology is performed? I know it is a question far from AN and neurology as a whole, but I try to help that person as much as I can. I was in a similar boat several months ago, so I am completely aware how this person feels.  So if you or your relative had a good feedback or just you have heard that the hospital your AN surgery was performed has a very good gastroenterological ward, please let me know!!

Thank you for your help!
Blessings to all,
Hrissy

4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

Kaybo

Re: a gastroenterelogical question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:46:42 pm »
Sorry, Hrissy...if I had any suggestions, I'd let you know - I bet someone else does though!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:54:40 pm »
Hrissy:

I'm very dismayed to learn of your friends gastroenterological cancer.  There are excellent cancer centers worldwide and of course, many here in the U.S.  The New York-Presbyterian Cancer Center is a place I would contact if I was diagnosed with cancer.  The Cancer Treatment Centers of America are another excellent facility and, as their name implies, specialize in cancer treatment.   Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City is highly-rated for cancer treatment, as is the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, Massachusetts.  Johns Hopkins Hospital located in Baltimore, Maryland is well-respected as is the famous Mayo Clinic i in Rochester, Minnesota.  These are just a few in the U.S.

I would use the internet to search these institutions and others, worldwide, to find out more, as well as how to contact them, individually. 

I trust this is of at least a little benefit to you, Hrissy, and that your friend can be helped.  Know that he is my prayers.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:08:22 pm »
I had a friend who had cancer and had excellent results working with the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.

They also saved my daughter's life when she had a rare spinal tumor back when she was only 10 yrs. old.

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:40:01 pm »
I'm late in chiming in here, but MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX is world renowned for it's cancer treatments.  Give them a shout.  I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 04:19:47 am »
Thank you all for your replies!

I have already mentioned these places to my friend - I know them from my research I had before my surgery abroad!

Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co