Author Topic: a long time ago  (Read 2463 times)

thecakes

a long time ago
« on: November 21, 2008, 01:39:08 pm »
  I long time ago there was a post by some body of a web sight for ssd.  I don't want the goverment sight.  These were peop.le with real problems and concerns about ssd.  I can't find it any where on the computer but maybe I just did'nt see it.  Is there anyone that knows what I need?

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: a long time ago
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 03:08:01 pm »
I don't recall the post but I did find a SSD-specific website that is non-governmental.  http://www.singlesideddeafness.com/

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

thecakes

Along time ago-Jim
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 06:33:34 pm »
   Jim, I guess I was'nt clear enough.  I ment ssd-social security disability.  Thank you for the reply anyhow.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:25:50 pm »
Cakes:

SSD - as used here - usually refers to Single Sided Deafness.  Oh, well.  I found a bunch of SSD websites by typing in 'Social Security Disability' on Goggle.  I didn't post any because I don't know exactly what you're looking for and don't want to send you on any wild goose chases.  I hope you can locate the site you want.

By the way, my wife collects Social Security Disability benefits and we don't expect anything to change under the new administration.  I wouldn't worry about it - yet.

Jim
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:31:23 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

thecakes

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 10:19:44 am »
  My concern is that I will have the review and they will decline my benefits.  My disabilitys are real though.