Author Topic: A BUSY AN WEEK  (Read 9416 times)

LADavid

A BUSY AN WEEK
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:54:11 am »
In checking the calendar, I noticed several procedures during the last week.  JulieW4 and Rosalie had Translabs, KLM had a GK, and Catflower got a BAHA.  Has anyone heard from them?

Looks like next week is one of those slow AN weeks.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: A BUSY AN WEEK
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:15:12 pm »
David:

Julie is doing splendidly.  Out of hospital in 48 hours!  She's probably trying out for the Olympics by now.  :)

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=6839.0

No word on Rosalie as yet that I know of, although I might have missed it.  Hard to keep up with so many surgeries, but we try.

Well, this upcoming week is pretty quiet - and probably just as well.

Jim
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:12:08 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LADavid

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 06:16:57 pm »
Thanks for the link Jim.  I'm away from the board for a day and I get lost.  It's really great to see that Julie did so well.

David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

LADavid

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:39 pm »
I just now found where Julie's post was.  I'm still thinking there should be a "On Deck" heading for surgeries and hospital stays alone so well-wishing and procedures don't get lost in the shuffle -- like I tend to do.  Just a thought.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 09:37:53 pm »
David -

Catflower (Linda) and sabuck (Steve aka Bucko) both got their BAHA processor this week!  Linda on the 2nd and Steve on the 3rd.  We've heard from both of them - and they are happy campers  ;D

As Jim pointed out, we also heard from JulieW, but nothing from Rosalie yet.

From what I understand, Phyl will be off of her hiatus soon -  perhaps we can have her designate a place to post "On Deck" wishes.  Maybe like you suggested before, we can make it someone's responsibility to start a weekly thread.

Haven't had time to check the calendar for next week yet, but I think Tumbleweed starts his radiation on the 7th.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

JulieW4

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 01:10:56 pm »
David, I agree that it is confusing where to post for updates on surgeries and so forth.  I knew I had a couple options to chose from when I was deciding where to post my update of surgery.  Things are still going well.  I'm a very tired and sleeping a lot but that it to be expected.  It really means a lot when I know people who have gone through this are concerned about me.

Juiie
2.7mm X 3.7mm AN
misdiagnosed for 13 years
complete hearing loss on right side
Had Translab surgery on June 30th, released from hospital 48 hours after completion of 5 hours of surgery
BAHA abutment surgery on Oct. 31st, received processor on Dec. 4th

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 01:14:59 pm »
I just now found where Julie's post was.  I'm still thinking there should be a "On Deck" heading for surgeries and hospital stays alone so well-wishing and procedures don't get lost in the shuffle -- like I tend to do.  Just a thought.

Yeppers, off hiatus... have you all taken cover yet? ;)

"Pre-Treatment" would be a terrific spot for "On Deck".  "Post Treatment" for after-the-fact or specific issues locations (ie: hearing, facial, etc).  No worries...

BTW, David.... hope you are doing ok... you know I'm sending the Celtics... um.... er.... Boston hugglez! :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 01:22:33 pm »
Phyl -

one of the ideas we also had along these lines was to designate an "official delegate" to start the pre-treatment well wishes posts based on the AN Calendar.

Any thoughts on this?

Should we just nominate ourself or someone else and see if we can all agree on a delegate?

Thanks in advance for the input  ;D

Jan

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 01:38:59 pm »
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... ok, we know the AN Calendar is in place, so a terrific step #1.  In trying to do the well wishes (which we know to keep to "AN Community" forum).... me thinks you all nominate 2 folks... in case someone is away on vaca/sick day/hiatus/on ebay goofing, etc. and have 1 person to help back them up.  Just my thoughts.....

Phyl

Phyl -

one of the ideas we also had along these lines was to designate an "official delegate" to start the pre-treatment well wishes posts based on the AN Calendar.

Any thoughts on this?

Should we just nominate ourself or someone else and see if we can all agree on a delegate?

Thanks in advance for the input  ;D

Jan

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:50:44 pm »
Okay, since Jim Scott and Steve already have jobs, I nominate LA David and Debbi.

Either of you guys willing to take on this responsibility?

Or does anyone want to nominate themself?

Jan

LADavid

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 02:07:15 pm »
I just got nominated for what :o ?  Sure I'll do it.  Every Sunday under the Pre-Treatment heading, I'll list the week's upcoming adventures.

And BTW Phyl, being anti-anything that Kobe has to do with, I'm not a Lakers fan.  I'm actually a Suns fan and have been for as long as I can remember. I was glad to see the Celtics beat Kobe.  But when it comes to baseball, I am very loyal to LA teams.  We shall keep an eye on the Angels and Sox this year. ;)

David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 03:37:27 pm »
Okay to that - I'll be your backup, David!  It is only appropriate that we have someone from the Right Coast, and someone from the Left Coast.  I'll check the first thing Monday mornings, and if there's nothing from you, I've got your back!

BTW, I'm anti-Kobe too.  He's a terrible role model. 

So, what does this gig pay, anyway???? ::)  David, I think we should immediately ask for a raise...

Debbi, reporting in from the Right Coast
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

LADavid

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 04:04:13 pm »
Hey Debbi
From what I understand this job pays zillions.  I think we just hit a gold mine. ;D  Just don't tell anyone.  They'll all want to get in on it.

Thanks for the back-up.  I'll post first thing Sunday morning in the Pre-treatment section.  Already got it on my calendar.  We all need to make sure that we encourage newbies to list their procedures on the Calendar.  I noticed there isn't a lot going on in August.

This is me being cool in my new jetset lifestyle 8)

David (planning his vacation to Tahiti)
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 05:13:46 pm »
David & Debbi -

if I knew it would be this easy, I'd have nominated you both for many more things this past year  ;)

Glad to see you are both willing to take on this high-paid job! 

David, any room on that trip?  I've been dying to see Tahiti  ;D

Jan (just for the record - not a Kobe fan either)

sgerrard

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 09:30:48 pm »
So, what does this gig pay, anyway???? ::)  David, I think we should immediately ask for a raise...

Asking for a raise works for me. Every time I do it, my pay rate gets doubled!   :D

I think I would be tempted to just move to Tahiti.

Thanks, David and Debbi, for taking the calendar monitor job.  Scary to think that we might get organized around here, though.  :o

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.