Author Topic: tumor growth btw diagnosis and surgery?  (Read 3539 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: tumor growth btw diagnosis and surgery?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 11:16:38 pm »
Anissa -

in the six weeks between my diagnosis and surgery, my AN nearly doubled - either that or the measurements on my MRI were incorrect, I'll never know.

Rapid growth is definitely the exception rather than the rule.  I didn't notice any difference in my symptoms (fullness and diminished hearing in my AN ear) between my diagnosis and surgery. 

I wouldn't spend too much time stressing about it  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 11:34:17 pm »
Jan, I'd seen that in your signature and knew it was possible, you must've been surprised and probably the Dr. too, wow.  I've had to mentally decide not to put too much thought into it and so far that's working  ;) after all, every day is a new day, right? 
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

Keri

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:46 pm »
Hi Anissa,
I was diagnosed in November, had absolutely no 'funny' feelings except the hearing loss. My surgery was schedule for the end of January. Mid December I started feeling dizzy, or 'out of it' a lot more, plus the ringing in my ear got much worse. With the dizziness especially, I figured the AN was doubling in size, for sure! Late December I felt better, but had the general 'out of it in the head 'feeling (wonky) off and on. The ringing was always there, but I just got used to it.  So after surgery I asked if it had gotten much bigger. It had grown just a little.  Those feelings do make you want to get it out of your head sooner than later!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!