Author Topic: How do I flush out the LacriLube?  (Read 6951 times)

Boppie

How do I flush out the LacriLube?
« on: January 08, 2006, 01:24:52 pm »
I am using LacriLube at night and once or twice during the day.  The blink is starting to kick in.  My eye doctor assures me the cornea is doing fine. 

My question is, Do I need to flush out the eye once a day or morning in addition to a general warm water face wash.  I need to know if the LacriLube should be flushed before I apply more?  I find the the film vanishes after a short time of applying the ointment.  So, what is left to wash out?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:27:24 pm by Boppie »

Cheryl R

Re: How do I flush out the LacriLube?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 04:35:22 pm »
I am not sure if you need to flush out the Lacrilube unless you feel like it needs to be.     Has been a while for me and I only used it at night and don't think I did anything in the am.      Have you ever tried any product  like Refresh liquigel for in the day or even Celluvisc?   They are 'heavier" than tears but don't makes things as blurry as the Lacrilube.     It takes experimentation to see what works for each person but  the Refesh Liquigel was my favorite.     I should take out stock in it for as often as I have recommended it to  people.           
    Good luck in your continued recovery.                 Cheryl R.
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:53:58 pm »
Flush out Lacri-lube??? why would you do that? that film is protecting your eyes!!! ... and just had my eye checked and got me on Celluvise! .. I love it... I can drive at night!! much less blurry as Lacri-lube as Cheryl says ... so I'm now I'm on my last tube of Lacri-lube, I still like it at night...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 10:48:44 pm »
Thanks Joef, for straightening me out on the obvious.  I read on another site about using solution to flush the eye ointment out and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why my eye doctor didn't mention this.  I'd think one would be manipulating the eye too much to try cleaning the eye each morning.  But you know I slept on a lot of pillows when I came home and made myself very uncomfortable because I never asked what to do.  Sometimes a dumb question gets smart answers.  ;D  Something like the blind hog and the acorn thing, huh?   :D

So, let's clear this up.  I don't need to flush out the LacriLube.  Great!

Does Celluvisc stay in as long as LacriLube?

SKT

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 08:37:33 am »
Celluvisc is good - but I too have found that the Refresh Liquigel is the absolute best.  It stays in longer than any other tear drops   - it's nice and thick but not too thick that it blurs your vision. 

wanderer

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 08:54:41 am »
when i was using them.

I used lacrilube at night,  and would wash it out to some extent in my shower in the morning.     Then I would use Celuvisc during the day during the day (the ones in the clearish single use things)   then occasionally  I would use the green bottle of refresh if it felt like my eyes were kind of dry.

this seemed to work well for me.

RadiantStar

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 04:18:33 pm »
My doctors sent me home fromt the hospital with GenTeal drops for dry eye, and P.M. Refresh ointment for use at bedtime.  It took me awhile to get used to the ointment, causes blurred vision for almost all morning until noontime, then it would clear up.  I found that if I use the least amount for comfort it works better.  I use a warm wash cloth in the mornings for my eyes, careful not to rub them, just hold the warm cloth over my eye...it seems to sooth and help clear them.  The last few days it seems my eye is closing and blinking (says hubby), and I've been seeing pretty well the last few days...it just sort of "happened" overnight,,,,no kidding!  Also, I had tears in my Right eye for the first time since surgery on Saturday night (watching a sad movie), again, it just sort of happened.  Patience often outruns my best intentions! 8)
Kathleen