Author Topic: CSF leak 1 year after surgery  (Read 16458 times)

Static

Re: CSF leak 1 year after surgery
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 04:28:08 pm »
I had my leak repaired (was dripping thin clear mucous from my nose) in the mastoid behind the ear.  Took a little belly fat and plugged it up.  Still had the lumbar drain in for 3 days after.  That's all I can remember at the moment.  Hope your wife is feeling better.
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Robquinn9

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 09:09:39 am »
She is doing better.  The Dr is there today evaluating the leak.  If still there, she'll have that same surgery.
Wife had 2.8 x 2.5 Rt Side AN removed by Dr. House, Dr. Payner @ St. Vincents in Indy on 3/13/2006.

DeniseSmith

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 01:52:46 pm »
My CSF leak occurred six weeks after my surgery. 

I sneezed and ruptured the lining like substance inside my skull.  My tumor was so large that it rubbed on this so called liner, and the force of my sneeze caused the rupture.  Other than hearing what sounded like thunder inside my head, my nose leaked, my headache hurt worse than any pre-op, post-op headache or when i had a concussion in the seventh grade.

I could bend forward and the fluid flowed from my nose like a slow faucet.  i went directly from my drs. office to the hospital and had surgery to repair the leak the next morning. Spent the next six days in hospital, five of which were spent on my back with the lumbar drain. Ick!!

Denise

rntiggergirl

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 07:59:12 pm »
Hi everyone-
Well the cystenogram did confirm a CSF leak and I am scheduled for surgery on May 1.  The cysternogram is the worst test I have ever had!!!!! but it did prove the leak. I will be having a blind closure of the EAC (tubal ligation of my ustatian (?sp) tube then fill it with fat, remove my ear drum and seal my ear shut). I have already lost my hearing in that ear in previous surgeries so nothing more to lose with this surgery.  This should stop any access to the outside and prevent any possibility of menigitis. This will be my 3rd and hopefully last surgery. I have a wonderful neurotologist that has stuck by me thru all of my issues, never dismissing my complaints. I could not ask for more (Jose Fayad MD/House Ear Clinic Los Angeles, CA).
Cheryl

Battyp

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 09:18:43 pm »
Cheryl let's hope 3rd time is the charm!