Author Topic: Vertigo and headaches  (Read 3361 times)

MARISADW

Vertigo and headaches
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:07:49 am »
I have an acoustic neuroma in my inner right ear, have since lost the hearing in that ear. That was in 2011
I also had radiotherapy and after 2 MRI scans were informed it did not regrow. Everything was fine despite the tinnitus.

But lately I experience terrible vertigo that usually starts with a headache but the ENT do not think it is the acoustic neuroma. When I went to the ENT he took a small cotton bud  and lightly touched each eyeball to see for any abnormality..not sure why he did that.... told me to come back in 3 weeks time if the vertigo persists.

I am worried that if I go this year for my MRI checkup it has regrown. Is there a possibility and what can the cause of the sudden flare up of vertigo be. I am on SERC medication. I am 20 years old.

Cheryl R

Re: Vertigo and headaches
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:55:07 am »
He touched the cornea to see if you had lost feeling in the eye when he touched it.     If you had not felt it when he touched it then can mean that a nerve is being affected by the tumor that is getting bigger.     if you did feel it than means no tumor is affecting the nerve.            Unfortunately I do not have an answer for why you are having the vertigo.    There can be other possibilities than the AN though.            Makes it hard for you.
                                                Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

MARISADW

Re: Vertigo and headaches
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 03:36:00 am »
He touched the cornea to see if you had lost feeling in the eye when he touched it.     If you had not felt it when he touched it then can mean that a nerve is being affected by the tumor that is getting bigger.     if you did feel it than means no tumor is affecting the nerve.            Unfortunately I do not have an answer for why you are having the vertigo.    There can be other possibilities than the AN though.            Makes it hard for you.
                                                Cheryl R
thanks Cheryl R for the info much appreciated