Author Topic: Houston TX information  (Read 5195 times)

grammyslim

Houston TX information
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:06 pm »
Thought about where to have AN or radio surgery in Houston as well as Doctors.
FOund out my AN is 1.4 cm - growing pretty quickly since MRI 3 yrs for another issue did not produce a diagnosis - current Dr. read that MRI and showed me that it was there at the time but small
just trying to figure out what to do with this mess that grows within.
1.4 cm diagnosed 01/12
significant hearing loss rt side
total balance loss rt side - AN side -
left side already compensated (who knew)
Radiation completed May 2012 - all systems are GO -- so happy I chose radiation near home.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Houston TX information
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:22:13 am »
There are several Forum members from the Houston area - Patrick (texsooner), Kay (Kaybo), Brendalu, Waypoint, etc.

Search on "Houston" and you'll find numerous posts.

Dr. Vrabec comes to mind when I think of docs in Texas; but I'm certain there are others.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

grammyslim

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 11:22:11 am »
Thanks will do.
1.4 cm diagnosed 01/12
significant hearing loss rt side
total balance loss rt side - AN side -
left side already compensated (who knew)
Radiation completed May 2012 - all systems are GO -- so happy I chose radiation near home.

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »
Dr. Vrabec is at Methodist in Houston. He did a translab on me 2 years ago. He is brilliant and his staff is all first class. Methodist is a great hospital, and I rate it all as a 5 star experience. Vrabec is all business...you will not find a soft shoulder...but you will not find a better doctor. Rely on your family and friends for support, and you can count on Dr. Vrabec for the best medical treatment you can get anywhere.

James

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 06:52:20 pm »
I,too, had surgery performed by Dr. Vrabec. He is highly professional and very caring, even if his manner does not come across as a softie. I would not hesitate to recommend him, Dr. Trask or Methodist Hospital. You are welcome to send me a personal message if you want to talk more!
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

LizAN

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:33:44 pm »
Thought about where to have AN or radio surgery in Houston as well as Doctors.
FOund out my AN is 1.4 cm - growing pretty quickly since MRI 3 yrs for another issue did not produce a diagnosis - current Dr. read that MRI and showed me that it was there at the time but small
just trying to figure out what to do with this mess that grows within.

Hi, grammyslim,

Please keep us posted on your decision process.  I thought I was going to HEI, but am now exploring going to Houston instead, as it would be less expensive to get there and I might get to come home sooner.  I live in Austin and will probably call Dr. Vrabec this week.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

LizAN

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 09:35:34 pm »
Dr. Vrabec is at Methodist in Houston. He did a translab on me 2 years ago. He is brilliant and his staff is all first class. Methodist is a great hospital, and I rate it all as a 5 star experience. Vrabec is all business...you will not find a soft shoulder...but you will not find a better doctor. Rely on your family and friends for support, and you can count on Dr. Vrabec for the best medical treatment you can get anywhere.

James

Hi, James,

When you had your surgery at Methodist, how long were you in the hospital, and how soon after release were you able to come home to Georgetown?  In case you don't remember, I'm in Austin.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz