Author Topic: HAD EYELID WEIGHT REMOVED NOW PROBLEMS.....HELP!  (Read 3023 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

HAD EYELID WEIGHT REMOVED NOW PROBLEMS.....HELP!
« on: March 29, 2008, 03:40:20 pm »
HAD EYELID WEIGHT TAKEN OUT ON TUESDAY. GOT EYE INFECTION NOW ON DROPS. NOW SKIN ON EYELID IS SOGGY AND BROKEN...I CALL IT MACERATED. IT LOOKS NASTY. I JUST CALLED THE SURGEON AND WILL SEE HIM ON MONDAY. HE SAID THAT THE EYELID SKIN WAS NOT HEALTHY PRIOR TO SURGERY. IT WAS DRY AND PEELING AND HE DIDN'T KNOW WHY BUT WASNT' SURPRISED THAT I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS AFTER SURGERY. HE SAID THAT IF ANY OF THE SKIN DIES THAT IT WOULD REQUIRE MORE SURGERY.
CROOKEDSMILE

lori67

Re: HAD EYELID WEIGHT REMOVED NOW PROBLEMS.....HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 03:52:19 pm »
Crookedsmile -

I'll keep my fingers crossed that there's no more surgery in your future.  Sounds like you're just getting hit from all angles here!

I didn't have an eye weight, so I don't really have any advice to offer you about them.  Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and hoping your eye issues clear up without any surgery - and really soon!

Hang in there!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:28 pm »
I'm so sorry this is happening to you Crookedsmile.  Was the weight taken out because of an infection or did the infection happen
after the weight was removed ?

I'll keep good thoughts that your eyelid skin/tissue heals.......       Nancy

2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:48:32 am »
i had the weight taken out because it was too heavy. i went to the eye surgeon this am and i have cellulitis of the eyelid due to post op infection. ugh. BUT HE DOES THINK THAT SOME OF MY BLINK HAS RETURNED. HE CAN SEE SOME OF THE MUSCLES SQUEEZE AROUND THE EYE. WE WON'T BE SURE HOW MUCH HAS RETURNED UNTIL THE SWELLING GOES AWAY. I DO BLINK ALL THE WAY AND AM 6 DAYS POST OP BUT THE LID IS STILL PRETTY SWOLLEN.
CROOKEDSMILE

Karen

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 05:25:55 pm »
NancyAnn, Have you tried other brands of oinments?  How do you keep your eye from being all greasy?  I had my weight taken out three weeks ago and am just now having trouble with it getting red.                                                                                                                                                   How long do you have towait to havw another weight put in?  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:44:49 pm »
Crookedsmile:  Cellulitis is rough - I hope your doctor is keeping a close watch on that,  I've known of people who had to be
admitted for treatment with IV antibiotics due to cellulitis  ( it's nothing to play with ).   I am very happy to hear your eye muscles
are working - that is great news ! !

Karen:  I use Refresh PM exclusively (everyone has their favorite) for almost 2 years now.  My eye does get greasy.  After putting it on
I use a cutip to wipe the extra lube from under my eye; during work when I apply more I again use the cutip.
To help stop the lube buildup on my eyelashes,  I use Clinique rinse off eye makeup solvent (in the blue bottle) - I think it was
Lori who told me about the Clinique.   I use it in am & pm:  I saturate a cutip then carefully run it on my eyelashes (sorta like you
would mascara), then I put water on a tissue & gently remove - after this I put in the lubricant (the Clinique solvent does cause my
eye to burn, so the lube goes in immediately after).  I couldn't use a cotton ball like the directions said because my eye doesn't close
all the way & the stuff really got in my eye the 1st time I used it,  so I switched to using cutips very carefully !
I have an appt. with the eye surgeon 4/3 - I should have the date for the op then.

Always good thoughts,     Nancy
ps:  Karen:  is your eye getting red or your eyelid ? ?   Anytime I hear 'redness'  I think the eye doc should be given a call....  I call my
opthalmologist for anything I think isn't right - with the eyes I figure better safe than sorry...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:48:02 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis