Author Topic: Month 28 Post-Cyberknife Update - Great News!  (Read 3338 times)

fbarbera

Month 28 Post-Cyberknife Update - Great News!
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:40:21 pm »
Hello Beloved Forum!!

It's been a while but I wanted to share my latest health update with my fellow Acoustics!

I spoke with Dr. Chang at Stanford today.  He reviewed by latest MRI (taken 28 months after treatment) and I am thrilled to report that all looks normal and on-track. 

My tumor, which was around 2.5 cm at the time of treatment, has actually shrunk a bit.  My hearing is totally unchanged.  No facial issues at all.  I do have this oh-so- subtle thing with balance.  I think my balance is at around 98%.

I'm working with a nutritionist on a detox regimen to further support my body's recovery.

Overall, I feel very blessed considering the size of my blessed Acoustic Neuroma. 

Full update as well as my full AN story on my site:  www.myacoustic.org

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions about my experience, treatment decision, etc.

With warm regards,

Francesco

NL

Re: Month 28 Post-Cyberknife Update - Great News!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:56:32 pm »
Francesco!

It's good to see you posting! Congratulations on your latest MRI results!  ;D

We've missed you around here - I'm so happy to hear you're doing well.  :)

Nancy

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:25:00 pm »
Fantastic news, Francesco!!  Congratulations.

Thanks for returning to the forum to update us.  We love stories like this one  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:56:58 pm »
Francesco,

For some reason I have not realized that we were so close on CK treatment date. You are about 3 weeks ahead of me. :)

I read your updates, and some things rang true for me. My AN was much smaller, and I have not had dizziness as an issue all through it. I did recognize the post-CK jaw feeling you mentioned, which for me was stronger last year at this time, and has now disappeared.

I don't have any residual balance thing, but I do have hearing effects. I lost quite a bit of hearing before treatment, and I still have days where my ears are "doing something." It doesn't really fall into the category of something that can be diagnosed and treated by conventional medicine. A more holistic approach to general healing, as you describe, seems like the best way to go. I think the main thing is keep doing regular activities and encouraging your body to heal up and get going again. My experience at this point suggests that works over time.

It is great to hear that medically your tumor is well under control and has responded to CK as intended. I bet you find that in time the residual balance issue will clear up as well.

Best wishes for year number 3.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 06:26:10 am »
Francesco!!!!!!!!!!  :-*  :-*  :-*

You have been missed!!!!!!!  GREAT news on your follow up and it sounds all too familiar! ;) :)  Continued wellness wishes to you! Well done... and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:09:48 am »
Congratulations!  That is great news indeed.
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 02:54:32 pm »
Hi, Francesco ~

Good to see you post and congratulations on your fabulous 2-year MRI report!  I'm very gratified to learn about your excellent recovery.  Thanks for updating us - and 'don't be a stranger'.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

fbarbera

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 05:17:49 pm »
Thanks to all of you for your well wishes!  It is much appreciated.

Steve, that is interesting that you also experienced an episode of jaw pain.  I wonder how many others have experienced something similar?

Blessings,

Francesco