Author Topic: T'ai Chi  (Read 9917 times)

Kansas

Re: T'ai Chi
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 03:54:45 pm »
Oh, gosh Kansas, I've been remiss in not checking in to this thread for so many days. That's not me on the paddle board, that's Bob (stoneaxe), although I plan to give it a try. My wife loves to kayak and I'm just ok with it. Not enough for me to sit in a boat and paddle. But to stand on a paddle board working on staying on the paddle board might be a bit more challenging and good for my balance and overall core. I'm game.

Probably my bad! Happens all the time.  Kansas
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:09:05 pm by Jim Scott »

TOM101

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »
I take tai chi and it takes months to learn but is great for balance and piece of mind. I play basketball , tennis, softball, lift weights and take yoga and pilates. You have to enjoy what you do and each of these give me different pleasures and physical abilities.

Kansas

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 08:34:10 am »
I take tai chi and it takes months to learn but is great for balance and piece of mind. I play basketball , tennis, softball, lift weights and take yoga and pilates. You have to enjoy what you do and each of these give me different pleasures and physical abilities.

Wow!  Congrats, Kansas
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:05:42 pm by Jim Scott »

JudyT

Re: BALANCE
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 09:36:15 am »
Good morning all.....it is cold,damp and foggy here in "sunny" California! Wishing I were in Hawaii......My bod aches all over.....what else is new. My balance issues are overwhelming for the past 5 days.....I HATE it....without pain meds I would be sitting/laying 24/7....not good. All my life I have been so active and a fitness addict....now I feel so lazy and nonproductive that I am getting depressed. That doesn't fit for me either. I love to do so many things.....socially, I am out of the loop.(driving is difficult..) I am a widow so am alone alot. My cleaning lady comes today and together we get a lot done and that makes me feel good.....she does what I can't.....I do what I can...we are a good team. Today will be a good day. I am writing the chronicles of my 70 years and finding it most helpful in a positive way...to recall many things I am sooooo very grateful for. Gratitude is a great healer. You are all so helpful with your sharing.....am not alone by any stretch...all of us have difficulties. It is amazing to me how many symptoms,results...issues we have. No two seem to be the same. My doctors never told me this or that may or may not happen It is my feeling they should be more informative with us.....it's scarry at times. Thanks to all of you.....JudyT

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 02:00:18 pm »
Judy ~

I'm sorry to learn that you're still struggling with post-CK issues but I admire your fortitude and your determination to be the best you can be under difficult circumstances.  I'm glad these forums can be a resource for you and I certainly agree that doctors are sometimes a bit too reluctant to inform AN patients of the potential for life-altering outcomes from the treatment.  I can understand a doctor not wanting to frighten their AN patient but they could at least refer them to the ANA website (or the internet, in general) and be prepared to answer the inevitable questions that kind of research would naturally bring.   I wish you continued healing and of course, better days. 

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.