Author Topic: Makes me wanna go hmmmmmmmm?????  (Read 6128 times)

Kaybo

Re: Makes me wanna go hmmmmmmmm?????
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 01:41:43 pm »
OK...here is my two cents (if it is even worth that!)!  I agree that he is just a big-ole jerk and I would like to give him a slap too!  That being said, I think that sometimes symptoms can be "realized" after reading/hearing about them...have you ever noticed that a LOT of women don't have morning sickness until they go to the Dr. & find out for sure that they are pregnant??  I know that in my case, I had just kind of gone on with everything b/c I didn't know any different.  After I got on here, I thought, "Wow! There are a lot of people w/ the tinnutis (sp?) thing -- I'm sure glad I don't have that!"  and then I was laying in bed one night in the silence and realized "I DO have that!"  After so long, I had just gotten used to it (it CAN be done!)...if I hadn't read so much about it here, I'd probably just gone on & never thought about it.  Does it affect my life?  No, but I am AWARE of it now...same with facial fullness.  Do I think I am making this up or that it is empathy?  No, I just think I had been coping with it in my own way and now it has been brought to my attention again...does that make sense at all?
I still think we should tackle that Dr.!!!   ;D
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Cheryl R

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 02:23:01 pm »
I will make sure she keeps at the doctors for what ever it takes.     I was one of those who saw one ENT and when I asked if it could be a tumor,he said I just get anxious.             I refused to go back to him.                 I did eventually get an apology out of him when had to take an elderly relative to him at a later date.     
I am going on my 3rd tumor surgery in April  so she is aware of what all I have been thru.   
    Where is your taxidermist relative in MI located?         We have a daughter in Lansing.
                                                      Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 03:16:36 pm »
what I don't get is that what I mentioned as coming from here was not medical but the
trouble getting BAHA paid for by insurance and he goes off in another direction totally...

I just came in from a full day of school and I don't think that it was at all good for me...I
have a headache and have been thinking about this all day and steaming... I know we are
not imagining things and he does too ... and I don't think coming here has made me worse
as he has implied...

I had a point that has got lost in my foggy brain... between lupus brain fog and AN wonky head
it is a miracle I find my way home and know my name  :)... I am napping and will
catch up later and maybe remember what I waned to say

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 03:25:26 pm »
    Where is your taxidermist relative in MI located?         We have a daughter in Lansing.
                                                      Cheryl R

My brother lives in the middle of nowhere in a town called Barryton - has 40 acres and a "log cabin" - his kids have to trek 20 miles to school.  His shop is currently located in Clare @ Jay's Sporting Goods.  He's also a big game hunter - been to Alaska & Africa.  My other brother is a systems analyst for a major pharmaceutical company in NJ.  They are as different as night and day - go figure  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 06:10:07 pm »
Oh Soundy,

Drs loose touch with reality and they loose their personality.  I had a jerk, moron, idiot, butt hole of a dr and because of him I found this wonderful forum.  So go figure something good did come out of the experience.  Today my head is pounding too.  A Colorado low blanket Southern Ontario today.    We are all her for you.

Take care of yourself, a sister in pain!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 05:53:46 am »
Went to my PCP Friday because ears hurt more and the top of my head felt heavy ( best way I
can describe it )

the sinuses above my eye brows and along cheek bones showed up all nice and white instead of the
normal gray...which meant they were full of fluid and infection... now three days later with antibiotics
and decongestants my head feels better and ringing has went back to it's annoying level instead of
the deafening level it had risen to...  :)

I have had no sniffling or sneezing or drippy nose... just the increased ringing and headache...

At least I know it is not all in my head , even though it was all in my head...  ;)
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 12:55:08 pm »
Infection, hmmmmmm.  Sorry to hear this and hope you have recovered nicely.  This makes me wonder if I'll be getting an infection just because I read this post!  Gotta go wash my hands.  YUK!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

AROBTEK

• Annette (arobtek)
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 05:31:25 pm »
Infection, hmmmmmm.  Sorry to hear this and hope you have recovered nicely.  This makes me wonder if I'll be getting an infection just because I read this post!  Gotta go wash my hands.  YUK!

Arushi, that is too funny.  My husband, the germ-a-phobic, will love it!

Soundy,
I am very proud of the control you showed in not 'bopping' your doctor. I have been using my same ENT for about 15 yrs. and just love him as a person.  Unfortunately he did not find my AN.  Since he is a young 'whipper snapper' (to those of us over 50), I might just 'bop' him if he starts making comments like your dr.

Hope you are feeling much better today.  Wishing you a complete recovery soon. :)

Annette
2.6 cm AN L side
Diagnosed 12/10/07
Surgery date: 1/24/08
Dr. Doug Mattox & Dr. Jeff Olson
Emory University Hosp. - Atlanta

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 09:12:47 am »
Reminds me of when I told my MALE obgyn that I felt the baby move for the first time. I was so excited. He said, "It is too early to feel the baby, you probably just had gas."

Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!